Senior Product Designer - U.S. Remote (14641)
Product – Product Design /
NOTICE: Please be aware that Getty Images has been the target of a phishing campaign. If you receive an invitation to interview for a position from an individual claiming to be an HR Manager or Recruiter, validate that their email address ends in @gettyimages.com. No one from Getty Images will contact you without this specific email address. Additionally, if anyone asks you to contact them with Telegram, please be advised we do not use this tool for our recruiting process and you should disregard these requests. If you are connected by any of these individuals, please do not provide any information and report them immediately to LinkedIn. As a reminder, all career opportunities can be found here.
Senior Product Designer
Location: US or Canada - Hybrid or Remote
Who you are:
Are you an accomplished Product Designer looking for your next challenge? If you thrive on close collaboration with cross-functional teams, relishing the opportunity to bring the customer perspective into team reviews and discussions - then this opportunity is for you! In this role, you'll draw on all aspects of your design skills as you shift between product design, interaction design, and visual design projects. And you’ll help elevate your team’s work by engaging in regular, constructive critiques as you iterate and collaborate on defining the best possible solution. We're seeking a confident designer who backs up design decisions with well thought-out rationale and is just as comfortable leading projects as they are supporting them.
Your Next Challenge:
- Influence your team’s roadmap and contribute to high-level strategic decisions in collaboration with design, product and engineering leadership.
- Partner closely within a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, engineers, analysts and researchers to directly impact and drive solutions for problems of large scope and complexity from conception to launch (and then some).
- Create thoughtful solutions that consider the entire customer experience journey/narrative.
- Bring clarity to ambiguity as you facilitate team discussions and activities, exercising high customer-centric judgment in your day-to-day design decisions.
- Support and mentor team members at varying levels, providing feedback and guidance to help them develop professionally.
- Navigate a fast-paced agile environment with team members in different offices by balancing independent self-direction with frequent collaboration and open communication.
- Work within an established design system while contributing to its evolution – crafting consistent, high-quality designs that are both highly aesthetic and easy to use.
- Understand and incorporate relevant narratives into proposals and presentations, translating insights into unique solutions.
- Tell compelling stories with a solution-selling approach when sharing designs and decisions with internal teams, partners, and senior leadership.
- Embrace a culture of feedback by giving and soliciting feedback from other designers, managers, collaborators and your cross-functional team to continually raise the standard on quality.
What You'll Need:
- At least 7 years of proven experience in Product Design with products that have been released to market.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive, collaborative attitude with a passion for design excellence.
- Broad understanding of end-to-end design and the many skills that fit under the title of Product Designer, with deep expertise in at least two product design fields including interaction design, visual design, information architecture, visual design, and front-end development.
- A solid history of outstanding design work and a portfolio of strong examples with stories of how your end-to-end design approach and role led to meaningful improvements.
- Proven ability to lead multiple and distinct projects at the same time.
- Ability to balance being a key partner, who is empathetic towards their peers and seeks consensus, with being a strong advocate and champion for design.
- Experience thriving in an agile/lean development environment.
Due to the current conditions of Covid-19, this key position provides flexibility to work from home.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 440 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.