Photo Production Coordinator, Entertainment (German Speaker) - London (15290)
Editorial – Editorial Entertainment /
Assignment Production Support, Entertainment - London (15290)
Duration: Fixed Term (1 Year)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who You Are:
- You are a strong communicator who excels at building customer relationships. You are target driven with a focus on growing revenues. You are confident in pitching, quoting and negotiating with customers. You are highly organised with a skill for logistics and a keen interest in the world of celebrity, entertainment, fashion and luxury brands. You pride yourself on attention to detail and project completion to the highest standard. A team player who can work autonomously and take the initiative when required. You’re able to prioritise your workload effectively whilst balancing multiple tasks and projects.. You love all forms of content with a focus on stills photography but keen interest in video and social first content.
- This is a new role supporting the Senior Editorial Assignment editor for a very busy department. This position works directly with the Senior assignment editor to ensure production of all events to which our photographers are assigned. They plan and liaise with all aspects of assignment shoots including, but not limited to photographers, account executives, picture desk, clients, and sports teams or governing bodies, publicists.
Your Next Challenge:
- Is responsible for the management of paid assignment costs relative to revenue and therefore gross margins
- Leads the overall delivery of paid assignment work in conjunction with the paid assignment sales team
- Run the administrative tasks required for the coordination of paid assignments, events and management of photographers
- Document management (processing, filings, records, invoicing, letters of intent) regarding the production of events
- Handles feedback from researchers and sales staff to gauge client satisfaction
- Monitor competition and ensure we remain competitive
- Monitor and track revenue reports and feedback to the Manager of Assignments and the Sr. Assignment Editor
- Assist the Sr. Assignment editor in researching entertainment events and stories to build the Editorial entertainment calendar
- Assist the Sr. Assignment editor in the coordination of a team of photographers to the coverage of paid assignments and entertainment events in your assigned territories
- Assist the Sr. Assignment editor in managing logistical arrangements deploying photographers to locations and events within your allocated territories
- Liaise with sales to highlight and push content
- Onboard new freelancers with company systems
What You'll Need:
- Proficient in German and English crucial, additional French, Italian or Spanish advantageous
- Minimum of 3 years’ proven experience in sales
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication and social skills with an aptitude for networking
- Commercially savvy with knowledge of key editorial clients
- Willing to work anti-social hours with some travel
- A keen understanding and interest in media, journalism and the world of entertainment
- The ability to work in a face paced, ever-changing and sometimes hectic environment
- Ability to keep calm under pressure, with a can do, tenacious attitude
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook crucial
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
Getty Images is a preeminent global visual content creator and marketplace. Through Getty Images, iStock, and Unsplash, we offer a full range of content solutions to meet the needs of any customer—no matter their size—around the globe.
Getty Images encompasses the largest and best path to market for visual creators through their premier brands including its core, Getty Images; iStock, a value offering of creative stills and videos providing a significant volume of exclusive content to small and medium-sized businesses; and Unsplash, a free offering of creative stills servicing the fast-growing and broad-based creator economy.
Help us move the world with images! Bringing award-winning imagery to everyone, Getty Images has customers in almost every country in the world, with websites in 23 languages, bringing the world’s best content to media outlets, advertising agencies and corporations, small businesses and increasingly, direct to consumers.
Getty Images works with over 496,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport, and entertainment events around the globe. With over 495 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allow our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behavior and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or submitting an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.