Technology – Information Technology /
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 440 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
NOC Operator - Dublin
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time we open our offices. At the time of the local office opening, employees and managers will partner to determine the work site location in line with our Flexible working policy.
Who you are:
- Getty Images is looking for a NOC Operator who enjoys working with a diverse set of technologies and takes pride in their attention to detail. Someone who is looking to develop new skills and strengthen existing ones as they prepare for the next steps in their career.
- The mission of the NOC at Getty Images is to provide 24x7 support of our production systems, minimising customer impact by identifying, resolving, and (when necessary) escalating issues as quickly as possible. This support is not limited to technical restoration; we also advise, coordinate resources, and provide leadership via strict adherence to our Incident Management process.
- When not actively responding to alerts or running incidents, you are encouraged to spend your time working on projects that improve your team's responsiveness and sharpen your technical skills.
Your next challenge:
- You will join a team of highly collaborative and curious NOC operators who are as comfortable working with a wide range of tools as they are willing to take the initiative on an incident bridge. As a team member you respond quickly to new alerts; triaging, resolving, or escalating as needed.
- From within the NOC you will have the opportunity to interact with and build relationships with the entirety of Getty Images
- Working with the Sales Ops team to dig into a website issue
- Notifying the App Dev team while performing a code rollback
- Informing the DBAs that you identified and resolved SQL blocking on a critical system
- Reporting to Security that you disabled an account after investigating suspicious activity
- Coordinating with Facilities, Network, Storage, and local Service Desk teams to shut down and power up remote office equipment during planned or unexpected power outages
- Assisting with core system patching
- Some of the ways that you will contribute to Getty's success are by shortening the duration of customer-impacting incidents or, better yet, preventing impact entirely by resolving issues. You will also play a pivotal role in incident triage, helping our engineers focus on project work during the day and getting uninterrupted sleep at night by only escalating issues that need immediate attention.
- You have taken the time to thoroughly learn how our systems are interconnected; allowing you to quickly craft a notification that details the incident's full scope and impact.
What you'll need:
- You have prior Operations Support experience; preferably in an e-commerce environment and a solid understanding of Cloud services and tools, specifically AWS.
- You have strong written communication skills and can quickly craft incident notifications for technical and non-technical audiences as needed. You maintain detailed ticket work notes and contribute to the team knowledge base with clear yet concise troubleshooting articles.
- You have experience handling stressful and time-sensitive situations; able to look at an alarm console full of critical alerts and calmly triage.
- You can resolve alerts using documented procedures when available and employ sharp problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve undocumented alerts, only escalating to the next tier after exhausting all other options.
- You are at ease leading high-priority incident bridges; previous experience with major incidents (participant or an observer) is a plus.
Nice to have:
- AWS Certification (Cloud Practitioner or greater)
- High-level knowledge of incident management best practices.
- A clear understanding of databases and how to provide first-level support, specifically Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge of IT Security and best practices, CompTIA Security+
- Experience using Splunk to write complex searches and create detailed dashboards.
What You Can Expect: (Physical and Mental Demands & Requirements)
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information. (Required)
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary. (Required)
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc. (Required)
- Frequent repetition of motions and gestures that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers. (Required)
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.