Legal Operations Administrator - Remote U.S. (14640)
Legal – Administration /
Several false job solicitations are circulating via email and social media purporting to be official Getty Images communications. While our staff may initially contact you via social media if your experience is relevant to a posted role, we will never issue job offers or request personal financial information via social media. Further, all outreach will include the Getty Images’ employee email and phone contact. As a reminder, all career opportunities can be found here.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 440 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
Legal Operations Administrator - US remote
Location: US remote
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time we open our offices. At the time of the local office opening, employees and managers will partner to determine the work site location in line with our Flexible working policy.
Who You Are:
You are curious and a constant learner. You enjoy a challenge, adopt change, and are passionate about bringing organization to build efficiencies. You are a skillful communicator, comfortable interacting at all levels. You are discreet and trustworthy with sensitive information. You adapt to changing priorities and business needs, are proactive in identifying areas of need and generating action plans. You are comfortable initiating, supporting, and organizing projects through to completion. You are an ambassador of the Getty Images Leadership Principles. You are located in a time zone that is convenient to support colleagues across several locations, including Calgary (MST), Seattle (PST), New York (EST) and London (GMT).
Getty Images is looking for an organized, tech-savvy, and financial accounting confident professional with outstanding attention to detail to maintain the Legal budget reporting and forecasting process, as well as to support the global operations of the Getty Images Legal team. You will own various processes, practices and admin tasks and will be expected to work creatively to help maintain the efficiency and effectiveness of the team. You will work closely with members of the global Legal team and business partners at all levels of the company as well as outside counsel and legal services vendors.
Your Next Challenge:
- Partner with Legal leadership and collaborate closely with respective Finance colleagues to maintain the regular (monthly, quarterly, and annual) Legal budget reporting and forecasting processes, including via use of MS Excel documents and other e-reporting tools.
- Understand the budget breakdown, analyze trends, identify shortfalls, and create action plans to manage expenses as needed.
- Handle vendor invoicing via Tymetrix-360 system (or equivalent), including coordinating with vendors (establishing new matters, onboarding, billing, and reporting) and with team members.
- Develop and implement processes and policies to manage outside counsel lifecycle and e-billing.
- Handle other types of payments outside of Tymetrix-360, including via Concur and use of company credit cards.
- Manage the provision of Know Your Customer (KYC), Ultimate Beneficial Ownership (UBO), and other compliance type requests from vendors, customers and to meet public filing requirements.
- Monitor and maintain Legal notices and admin related mailboxes.
- Manage Legal team presence and resources on intra-company platforms to ensure efficient internal dissemination of information and policies, including via updating of MS Sharepoint sites.
- Oversee access to sensitive legal resources.
- Help establish and oversee in-team reporting of key legal operational metrics that will better inform decision-making.
- Project manage localization of new and updated legal documents, e.g. templates and licensing terms, including coordinating internally with the Linguistics team and local lawyers, as well as sending coordinated instructions to external law firms across multiple jurisdictions.
- Help identify and implement legal department tools to streamline new or existing practices including coordinating change management and internal training
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in a manner that reinforces the value that the legal team provides to the business, including, for example, via scheduling of training sessions and driving legal team D&I initiatives.
- Create, update and maintain process documentation, including identifying areas of improvement and collaborating on solutions.
- Maintain an active presence in legal operations industry associations and stay up to date on trends and emerging legal technologies.
- Coordinate morale and other team events within budget.
- Other similar duties as requested.
What You'll Need:
- Expertise with Excel, Sharepoint and other MS tools, as well as confidence/enthusiasm to work with other online systems.
- Proven experience in an operations and budgetary management role, preferably 5 plus years.
- Strong project management skills: well-organized, able to lead multiple projects and ambiguity, and can adjust quickly to shifting priorities.
- Prior experience developing playbooks and policies.
- Positive attitude, self-sufficient and enjoy working with, supporting and helping others within the legal team.
- Consistent track record of collaborating with cross-functional groups to produce meaningful results.
- Understanding of business and general accounting principles.
- Excellent organization, time management, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Judgement and decision-making abilities.
- Proactivity, creativity and persistence.
- Inquiry mindset, listening skills, a desire to support and develop others.
- Trustworthiness and integrity
- Experience in digital industry and passion for creative work.
What You Can Expect (Mental and Physical Demands):
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Occasionally moving objects up to 20 lbs and frequently moving objects up to 10 lbs.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.