VP, Global Sports - New York, USA
New York /
Editorial – Editorial Management /
Who We Are:
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
VP, Global Sports - New York, USA
Location: New York, USA
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time when we return to our office.
Who You Are:
- Getty Images Inc. is looking for a VP, Global Sport who thrives in a changing, digital environment and drives growth as well as best practices. This individual will be responsible for leading the Getty Images Sports team from a strategic content perspective ensuring Getty Images continues to maintain outstanding quality of content, access to events and maximises the optimum Rights opportunities to drive growth. Ideal candidates must have 10+ years’ experience in the sports industry in various areas such as content, communications, management or digital media.
- This role reports to the SVP, Head of Content.
Your Next Challenge:
- Provides direction, strategy and policy to a global organization of sports directors of photography, assignments editors, production staff and photographers.
- Ensures the desired “look and feel” of sports content is of outstanding quality and standards.
- Is responsible for the full scope of sports activities.
- Envisions long-range strategy of products and planning, identifying and directing development of new products for global major market segments.
- Works in a business development capacity pursuing significant new business ventures such as content partnerships, joint ventures and strategic relationships, which increase market share and quality of products and services.
- Ensures optimum communication and project planning with key internal and external clients or functional units, i.e., operations, assignments, sales, business development, finance and technology. Translates corporate strategy into objectives for the function and communicates both to subordinate personnel.
- Negotiates for resources.
- Develops personnel (directors, photographers etc).
What You’ll Need:
- Desired 10 years relevant and/or management experience in this field.
- Sports Industry experience, including extensive experience in communications, photography, management, digital media, or licensing.
- Additional corporate experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of, and experience operating in, the sports rights markets.
- Strong ability in negotiation and client presentations, building value added services to customers and having a customer focused perspective.
- Project management skills and abilities required.
- Outstanding leadership skills & facilitation across all levels of the organization.
- Required to anticipate business needs.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Nice to Have:
- Education and Certifications:
- MBA, or Graduate Level preferred.
- Demonstrated Leader:
- Proven experience collaborating with and influencing leaders to maintain consistency and scale processes across teams.
- Strong communication skills with ability to maintain a professional and collaborative relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Experienced communicator with strong written and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate sophisticated ideas, timelines, and mediate between partners.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels within an organization and proven ability to establish trust quickly and create win-win situations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage change in end-to-end processes.
- Proven track record to initiate and lead through change.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Project leadership and organizational skills to transform ideas into successful execution while being capable of driving complex projects across multiple groups within timelines.
- Demonstrates executive maturity.
- Team Builder/Unifier:
- Outstanding ability to bridge different perspectives.
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships.
- Creative & Agile:
- An action-oriented self-starter who can operate in a fast-paced environment and flourishes on completing deliverables.
- Adept at deriving clarity out of ambiguous situations and adaptable to change.
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite of products, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and analyzing data to support business decisions and to provide insight into future initiatives.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Occasionally moving objects up to 20 lbs. and frequently moving objects up to 10 lbs.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.