Data Engineer, Content Planning & Analysis
Creative – Creative Content /
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 435 million assets, of which over 310 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
Data Engineer, Content Planning and Analysis- Seattle
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time when we return to our office.
Who You Are:
The Content team at Getty Images is looking for a Data Engineer to join our
dedicated Content Planning & Analysis team. This exceptional individual will be a
member of a small team of Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts who
play a vital role as the data engine room behind the Content group’s projects,
initiatives, and decision-making.
Your Next Challenge
- The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline
- architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for the Content
- organization. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data
- wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground
- up. The Data Engineer will support our software engineers, database architects,
- data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data
- delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-
- directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems,
- and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or
- even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation
- of products and data initiatives.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional
- business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating
- manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for
- greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and
- loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big
- data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable
- insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key
- business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design
- teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data
- infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through
- multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist
- them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our
- data systems.
What You'll Need:
Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational
databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety
Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures,
and data sets.
Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and
processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for
Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata,
dependency, and workload management.
A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from
large, disconnected datasets.
Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly
scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
Strong project management and organizational skills.
Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic
We are looking for a candidate with 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer or other highly analytical role, who has attained a degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another
They should also have experience using the following
Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools:
Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redship
Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming,
Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages:
Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.