Senior User Experience Researcher - Calgary (14708)
Product – User Experience Research /
Sr. User Researcher- Remote
Who You Are:
You are a hardworking User Experience Researcher who enjoys working on a wide variety of projects, from sitting at your desk cranking out a survey to getting out in the field with customers. In fact, you are adept at using many research methods and are keen to further advance your research repertoire.
You have a natural curiosity and desire to deeply understand people and what makes them tick. That appetite for understanding drives you as a researcher. You can connect with the people you talk to, and draw from them their true feelings and reactions, by putting them at ease, actively listening and reacting to what they are saying, and uncovering their true thoughts.
You enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment where you can evangelize UX research and build strong partnerships. You love tough research questions and champion research-informed solutions. You have a passion for images and a belief in the power they have to tell great stories. You want to be part of moving the world with images.
This person will be responsible for designing and conducting user experience research and analyses that lead to genuinely meaningful recommendations. They will be responsible for finding innovative ways to research customer issues, explain their findings, and proposing recommendations for change. This person is responsible for ensuring that research data are consistently and accurately gathered, broadly communicated, and archived.
Your Next Challenge:
- This position will provide significant input into decisions that shape the customer experience, optimization plans, site design, and product development.
- Responsible for designing, planning, recruiting, and conducting user research, including methods such as usability lab studies, ethnographic field studies, competitive evaluations, participatory design sessions, surveys, heuristic evaluations, cognitive walkthroughs, and similar approaches.
- Use data from multiple sources (e.g. user research, on-site testing, VOC tools, business intelligence tools) to develop insights and recommendations for improving our site performance.
- Partner with technology, e-commerce, marketing, program management, and marketing communications to represents user needs during product definition, requirements gathering, project planning, UI design, and product launch.
- Create clear, unbiased presentations which highlight the impact of the customer experience on business results and work with the team to leverage customer information to improve user experience, increase revenue, decrease cost, and steer e-commerce and product design.
- Participate in vendor selection as needed.
- Keep up to date with UX research techniques and emerging research tools
What You'll Need
- B.A. in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, or related social science, or equivalent graduate-level work; Master’s degree considered an asset.
- 5 - 7 years working in user experience research with demonstrated specific examples of impact, and experience working alongside Product Managers, Product Designers, and Developers.
- Training in capabilities and limitations of research methods
- Mixed methods approach preferred
- Significant experience with multiple user research methodologies that span the product development life cycle from conceptualization to launch, such as lab studies, field research, iterative prototype testing, and surveys/questionnaires.
- Demonstrated experience with research design and statistical analysis including issues related to hypothesis testing – in particular, sample size evaluation and confidence in results.
- Ability to look for solutions and information in creative ways and convey complicated results and insights to people of varying backgrounds
- Proven ability to prioritize and lead multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity with significant financial implications.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Experience working with e-commerce and/or b2b businesses preferred but not required.
- A quiet location with reliable high-speed internet connectivity, an environment suitable for professional work (desk, chair, external monitor, etc.)
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment
- Trustworthiness, Transparency, and Openness
- Raise the Bar
- Lead by Example
- One Voice
- Bring Me Solutions
- No Silos
- The Obligation to Care
Mental and Physical Demands
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Occasionally moving objects up to 20 lbs and frequently moving objects up to 10 lbs.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
For over 27 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 486 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.