Picture Desk Editor (13790)
Buenos Aires /
Editorial – Editorial Content /
Who We Are:
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please submit resumes in English.
Who You Are:
You have a passion for pictures and a commitment to upholding editorial integrity. You thrive in the fast-paced, 24/7 world of news, sports, and entertainment, working accurately and efficiently under deadline. You have excellent news judgment and are fluent in social media. You are a self-starting, multitasking team player who can also assume individual responsibility for issues as they arise. You want to work for one of the world’s leading creators of images with some of the best editorial photographers.
Your Next Challenge:
- Accurately and quickly review and edit 1000 non-live daily images to meet Getty Images guidelines; assign ranking and routing information to designate where an image is delivered.
- Exercise solid news judgment; maintain a high level of journalistic knowledge and awareness on current and trending global news, sports and entertainment events.
- Monitor breaking stories trending in real-time and engage with appropriate imagery on Getty Images’ social media handles
- Prioritize tasks according to relevancy and deadlines
- Maintain a regularly updated GettyImages.com homepage through CMS formats; monitor the website to execute updates, corrections, and thumbnail changes, and showcase featured stories to keep site current and timely
What You'll Need:
- Relevant experience in the editorial photography industry
- Knowledge of photography and digital imaging; experience with industry-standard editing tools, Photoshop and asset management software
- Journalistic writing and copy-editing skills
- Solid news and picture judgment with a commitment to editorial integrity
- Keen awareness of current news, sports and entertainment stories and desire to engage with appropriate imagery on Getty Images’ social media handles
- Ability to accurately and efficiently multitask in a fast-paced environment with high-pressure breaking news situations while maintaining thorough attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team
- Proficiency in Windows 10 systems and applications
- Ability to work flexible, non-traditional hours and willingness to work weekends, nights & holidays
Nice to Have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry style of captioning and IPTC metadata standards
- Understanding of photo usage rights and licenses
- Basic video footage editing skills
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; the time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Frequent repetition of motions and gestures that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.