Technical Localization, Project Manager
Toronto, Canada /
Product – E-Commerce /
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 435 million assets, of which over 310 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a technical localization PM at Getty, you put the international customer at the heart of everything you do. You strive to provide delightful experiences for our growing international customer base in Search, on our Websites, and via our API. You have had exposure to the challenges that are inherent to globalization and localization and you are able to provide technical expertise in natural language processing and machine translation technologies, among others, to solve these challenges. You are a long-term thinker who initiates and drives improvements in localization processes and tools.
- Perform globalization and localizability reviews of new products and support the Product team in ensuring a high-quality international experience.
- Manage the overall execution and delivery of high-quality localized site features.
- Work with the offsite localization vendor to review, prioritize and track projects. Provide direction and set expectations to ensure high quality, on-time delivery, and technical excellence.
- Actively participate in meetings with cross-functional product stakeholders to resolve issues that affect the delivery of localized releases.
- Design, test, and iterate on machine translation solutions for localization.
- Convey and communicate technical details/methods to a non-technical audience.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years of localization PM/engineering experience in a technical environment.
- Fluency in a foreign language (eastern European or Southeast Asian language preferred).
- Knowledge of standard translation memory tools, content management systems, and web technologies as they pertain to globalization and localization.
- Knowledge of computational natural language processing and machine learning as they pertain to localization.
- Experience applying globalization best practices for websites as well as other products.
- Experience processing language files automatically
- Experience working in Java, C, C#, Python, or a comparable scripting language to develop solutions for the Localization team.
- Experience working in an agile development process with short release cycles.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and high standards for quality.
- Experience with video localization.
- BA/BS Degree
Mental and Physical Demands:
- A quiet location with reliable high-speed internet connectivity, an environment suitable for professional work (desk, chair, external monitor, etc.)
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment
- Trustworthiness, Transparency, and Openness
- Raise the Bar
- Lead by Example
- One Voice
- Bring Me Solutions
- No Silos
- The Obligation to Care
Benefits at Getty Images
We provide Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance for you and your family. We partner with Quantum Health, Meritain (An Aetna Company), and CVS Caremark to provide you with two options for medical coverage - a POS plan and an HSA-qualified (Health Savings Account) Plan. The POS plan comes with a $200 per year Getty Images contribution to an FSA account. If you enroll in the HSA plan, Getty Images will give you $1400-$2400 per year to spend on any qualified health expenses as you please! This money is yours, rolls over each year, and you can take it with you if you leave Getty Images. Dental insurance is available through Delta Dental. Vision Insurance is available through VSP. All full-time employees working at least 25 hours per week will become eligible for health benefits the 1st of the month following their date of hire. Contributions to health care accounts are prorated based on the date of hire.
Time off Work/life balance is important to us
We provide flexible time off and 10 sick days each calendar year. Additionally, we pay 4 weeks of fully-paid Parental Leave for new parents, with primary caregivers eligible for an additional 8 weeks of fully-paid leave.
Company Paid Holidays
Employees enjoy company-paid holidays for each of our global locations.
Disability and Life Insurance
We automatically enroll and pay for Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D) up to 2 times your annual salary. We also provide you with fully paid Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
Employee Assistance Program
Employees have access to free, confidential assistance for everyday problems such as stress management, financial coaching, marital or family issues, substance abuse, occupational problems, and referrals for legal, childcare, and eldercare services. Employees can seek additional discounts on other wellness activities such as travel, gym memberships, and sports! Through our EAP services, employees are also eligible for 3 free counseling visits and life coaching sessions.
Start saving for retirement! Getty Images matches up to 4% of your deferred compensation, with immediate vesting – that means all of Getty Images employer match money is automatically yours – with no waiting period!
Learning & growth
We value continuous learning and development to help everyone develop their skills. Enjoy mentorship, curated training & more.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.