Finance and Accounting – General Accounting /
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 435 million assets, of which over 310 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
Senior Accountant- Seattle
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time when we return to our office.
Who You Are:
A successful candidate will bring energy and excitement to the daily challenges. This person should be open to pursuing occasional tasks outside this job description because we are “One Getty Images with no silos”. We show that by everyone pitching in to accomplish the same goals. We are a team of people who care about each other and want others to succeed, learn, grow, and have fun along the way.
Your Next Challenge:
- This position is responsible for reviewing, analyzing and reconciling general ledger accounts to ensure accurate balances are reflected in the financial statements. This team member is primarily responsible for estimating global Cost of Sales in multiple currencies and multiple jurisdictions. This is the largest and most visible expense for our business. This position works cross functionally with our Contributor Services, Royalty Operations, Revenue, as well as Financial Planning & Analysis teams. This position reports to the Accounting Manager with direct interaction with the Controller and Chief Accounting Officer.
- Prepares monthly journal entries timely and accurately to meet month-end close deadlines, primarily relating to cost of sales, Editorial cost center review and other areas as assigned.
- Analyzes balance sheet and income statement accounts and documents variances between monthly & quarterly actuals and forecast vs. actuals.
- Engages with other functional group to further improve the understanding of the business as it relates to responsibilities and tasks.
- Prepares deliverables for auditors in US and International financial statement audits.
- Be involved in the planning and execution of new and current projects that impact company-wide objectives and the General Ledger function.
- As a senior part of the team it would be encouraged that this person would provide mentorship for staff accountants.
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant staff/senior level experience in this field.
- Performs work independently with limited supervision and takes initiative on new projects
- Deadline driven and takes responsibility for all areas and projects assigned
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies, consults with others as necessary
- Demonstrates ability to understand and explain complex accounting concepts and solve complex issues; has strong technical accounting ability
- Demonstrates ability to understand the input and output of the process tasks and accounting issues; is a subject matter specialist
- Demonstrates strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Challenges current process/reports for continuous improvement
- Communicates effectively and uses cross-functional problem solving
Mental and Physical Demands:
Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
Occasionally moving objects up to 20 lbs and frequently moving objects up to 10 lbs.
Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.