Assignment Editor, Entertainment - London (12 months FTC) 
Editorial – Editorial Entertainment /
Assignment Editor, Entertainment
Work type: Hybrid
Contract: 12 months fixed-term (maternity cover)
Start Date: Early May
Who You Are:
- Do you have remarkable organisational skills with a focus on logistics and pride yourself on attention to detail, displaying a consistent high standard of work? You should have a keen interest in the world of celebrity and entertainment, keeping up to date on the latest news from film, fashion, music, royalty, and the arts via traditional outlets as well as social media.
- We are seeking a standout colleague who can work autonomously and take the initiative when required. You will be able to prioritise your workload effectively, whilst balancing tasks and projects, remaining calm in the moment.
- You are comfortable to lead teams, ensuring a smooth workflow and best working conditions for all whilst making strategic decisions when required.
- You relish the chance to meet new people and build positive relationships. You appreciate all forms of content with a focus on stills photography but with a keen interest in video and social first content.
- This is an established role arranging the daily Entertainment stills coverage for a very lively department that regularly schedules 20+ photographers every single day. If you are looking for something a little different, creatively rewarding and with a company with a consistent track record for success, this is the role for you!
Your Next Challenge:
- Produce, assign and coordinate a team of photographers to the coverage of entertainment events in assigned EMEA territories UK, Middle East and Africa.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key editorial clients and PR’s by regular phone, email and personal visits.
- Keep current with the entertainment calendar updated via contact with clients, publicists and PR's to secure premium access for our production.
- Maintain industry awareness, which includes staying up-to-date on breaking news, sporting events, celebrity events, and pop culture. Familiarise yourself with photographers’ work and keep abreast on technology trends and terminology.
- Run logistical arrangements deploying photographers to locations and events within assigned territory, including arrangements gathering and/or sharing pool or handout content.
- Manage or assist in on-site production of major tent pole events across territories for both Editorial and Paid Assignment events
- Monitor competition and ensure we remain competitive from an event and differentiation perspective.
- Manage and maintain a monthly budget, regularly review company and contributor revenues, and monitor profit margins.
- Maintain positive relationships with a roster of photographers, giving regular input on their quality of work. Regularly review roster and introduce new talent where appropriate. Ensure balance across roster with regards to assignments and opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with sales to highlight and push content including some curation in partnership with our sales teams. Seek regular feedback on production from sales colleagues.
- Support our sales organisation with the production of assignments which can include coordinating and advising on initial production requirements through to quoting and invoicing.
- Support our inhouse video production to assist in the growth of our video product.
- General administration duties relating to the above tasks.
What You'll Need:
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and social skills with an aptitude for networking.
- Commercially savvy with knowledge of principal editorial clients.
- Solid and relevant experience as an assignment editor, coordinator/celebrity relationship manager or experience within the photography world.
- Due to the nature of the role, there will be some travel and out of hours work.
- A sound understanding and interest in media, journalism, and the world of entertainment.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, constantly evolving and at times, busy environment.
- Ability to keep calm and works well under pressure, with a can do demeanour.
- A keen understanding and a passion for social media.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook essential.
Benefits for qualifying employees at Getty Images
Private Medical Insurance (PMI)
Private Medical Insurance through Cigna is designed to give you access to medical care where and when you need it. The scheme covers the costs of private medical treatment for consultations, out-patient, in-patient and day-care treatment in accordance with the benefit limits and rules set out in the policy. All employees are automatically covered from the date they join. Individual cover is 100% Getty Images paid, and there is also the option to add your spouse and dependents to the policy at an additional cost.
Time off Work/life balance is important to us
In addition to public holidays, Getty Images offers 25 paid holidays per year.
Company Paid Holidays
Employees enjoy company-paid holidays for each of our global locations.
Life Assurance, Critical Illness and Income Protection
We automatically enroll all new employees in our risk coverage schemes, with Getty Images paying 100% of the cost. We provide you with Group Life Assurance (x4 salary), Critical Illness Cover (x1 salary) and Income Protection (75% salary).
Employee Assistance Programme
Our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) is provided by Health Assured. This is a free, confidential, service available to all employees 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year
Group Personal Pension (GPP)
Save for retirement with Aviva by making contributions consistently and conveniently through payroll deductions. Getty Images automatically enrolls all employees at 3% of your pay, with Getty Images contributing 5% of your pay. You have the option of increasing how much you contribute and benefit from tax and NI savings by contributing via salary sacrifice.
Learning & Growth
We value continuous learning and development to help everyone develop their skills. Enjoy mentorship, curated training & more.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is a preeminent global visual content creator and marketplace. Through Getty Images, iStock, and Unsplash, we offer a full range of content solutions to meet the needs of any customer—no matter their size—around the globe.
Getty Images encompasses the largest and best path to market for visual creators through their premier brands including its core, Getty Images; iStock, a value offering of creative stills and videos providing a significant volume of exclusive content to small and medium-sized businesses; and Unsplash, a free offering of creative stills servicing the fast-growing and broad-based creator economy.
Help us move the world with images! Bringing award-winning imagery to everyone, Getty Images has customers in almost every country in the world, with websites in 23 languages, bringing the world’s best content to media outlets, advertising agencies and corporations, small businesses and increasingly, direct to consumers.
Getty Images works with over 516,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport, and entertainment events around the globe. With over 520 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allow our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behavior and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experiences
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or submitting an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.