Italian Qualified In-House IP/Commercial Lawyer in Media Sector (Italian & Spanish speaker) (13165)
Legal – Corporate Counsel
Help us move the world with images!
Getty is embarking on its next wave of innovation in visual storytelling and how to put the perfect image or video in our customer’s hands, be it for a society-changing headline or a brand’s next big campaign—truly moving the world with images.
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is the starting point for our customers imagery search. Customers are confident that they are going directly to the best source of content, and that Getty's search engine will surface only the most relevant content to them and have the tools they need to refine and explore creatively.
Our customers will be able to communicate effortlessly with Getty Images, in their quest to find the right imagery. Using text, voice, or visual channels, they will have the ability to describe their content needs creatively and thoroughly. Getty Images' search will eliminate the barrier that exists between a creative art director and a technical researcher.
Italian Qualified In-House IP/Commercial Lawyer in Media Sector (Italian & Spanish speaker)
Location: London* (Although the position will ultimately be based in London, the successful candidate will be permitted to work from their home location (UK, Italy, Spain etc), until a time where they can move to London. We do not expect this to be before the end of 2020).
Who You Are:
- You are motivated, experienced, collaborative and confident working independently. You have an interest in creative works and the online ecosystem. You would like to work within a dedicated in-house legal team in the media industry, with responsibility for managing multiple tasks simultaneously in a quick moving environment. You enjoy the challenge of bringing solutions to the table, always with a positive attitude.
Your Next Challenge:
- Provide legal support to numerous business functions at Getty Images, with emphasis on support of the Sales and Marketing functions in Italy, Spain and other parts of Europe, all with regards to the B2B licensing of imagery.
- Prepare and manage legal documentation (contracts, legal correspondence, etc.) and other materials related to job duties.
- Partnering with internal customers to negotiate and implement a range of commercial agreements.
- Provide appropriate legal guidance where needed as well as troubleshooting operational roadblocks.
- Simplify legal process for internal and external customers.
- Train internal customers and present to external customers on salient legal issues affecting Getty Images’ business.
- Exercise independent responsibility for partnering with the various other business teams across Getty Images, including: Finance, HR, Contributors & Partners, Data Security and Sales Operations.
- Take a coordinated approach with the global in-house legal team, including the handling of claims matters, in particular where Italian and Spanish languages are involved.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate (in writing and verbally) with internal and external parties, including the management of external counsel.
- Occasional travel to other Getty Images’ offices may be required.
What You’ll Need:
- Qualified Italian solicitor.
- Desired 4+ years post qualification relevant experience with general commercial legal matters.
- Experience at a large law firm and/or as in-house counsel, with licensing, intellectual property. Data protection and privacy law experience strongly preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Prior knowledge and experience negotiating and drafting contracts and agreements independently, with an excellent attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to interact at all levels, internally and externally.
- Critical analysis skills related to identifying and solving problems in a busy corporate environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work productively in an evolving environment.
- Self-starting and solutions-oriented team player.
- Maintains composure during tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Completes work with professionalism and with integrity.
Please also feel free to join our LinkedIn group in order to keep up to date with current vacancies and stories about life at Getty, and the organisation as a whole.https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12178384/
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.