Senior Director Enterprise Strategic Sales - North America
New York /
Sales – Sales Management /
Who We Are:
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Senior Director, Enterprise & Strategic Sales - North America
Location: New York, New York
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time when we return to our office.
Who You Are:
- You are a forward-thinking Sales leader who loves a challenge. You understand when to lead with inspiration, and when to hold your teams accountable through metrics and specific tactics. You understand the power of visual content and how it can help brands tell stories, change perceptions, drive behavior and inspire action. You have experience and relationships with senior contacts at brand marketing organizations. You have a consistent track record in helping clients navigate a changing marketplace with effective enterprise-level solutions.
- As a leader, you balance high-level concepts with the details on how to support them. You’re not a micro-manager and don’t get caught up in the weeds. That said, you’re willing and able to get on a client call and help one of your reps talk through details with a customer when needed, and you can do that with clarity and credibility. You value data and use it to drive your decisions for your teams and recommendations for clients.
- You are a collaborator. You’re able to partner with your counterparts on other Sales teams, in Marketing, Product, Technology and Business Analysis by approaching them as partners and not a support team for you. You’re energized to work with other partners around the world to develop and implement new solutions. You love feedback and guidance, but you don’t need to be told what to do every day. When information is shared with you, you respect it and process it.
Your Next Challenge:
- Getty Images Inc. is looking for a Senior Director to manage a Sales team that focuses strategic enterprise accounts in North America, specializing in the brands and the corporate marketing segment. This role, part of the company’s Senior Leadership Team, has a unique remit: To build strategies that resonate across industry verticals, to take advantage of this high growth segment. Incorporating Getty Images’ unmatched expertise in visual content and internal data, you will lead a team in executing against those strategies.
- As the Senior Director of a Corporate Sales team you’ll lead an experienced sales team that is distributed across North America. You are a member of a larger enterprise Sales organization that covers the entire America region AMER, with colleagues that specialize in Media and Agency segments and new business development. Your team owns a significant revenue target, with validated substantial growth expectations.
This Position Balances A Variety Of Goals:
- Leading and developing a team of director level leadership and skip-level reports to meet and exceed their revenue goals through critical thinking and effective execution.
- Providing a vision and road map to success and ensuring that the Corporate Sales teams execute against it.
- Establishing and cultivating external relationships to bring fresh perspectives and new solutions to the North America brands & corporate marketing segment. These solutions will combine pricing, products, positioning and points of differentiation in new and effective ways.
- Building credibility and internal alliances across functions in a way that solves problems for the larger team and cultivates efficiency and creative solutions.
- Holding reps accountable for their performance against targets, pipelines and forecasts.
- Consistently meeting and exceeding sales goals on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Supervising the targeting and forecasting process for your sales team.
- Holding the teams accountable for growing their pipeline.
- Keeping the team up to date on pressing issues and trends through regular team meetings.
- Coaching team members to prioritize and manage their business.
- Mentoring team members to develop by participating in client calls, and giving feedback.
- Supervising the commission process and working with the Business Analyst to validate numbers, and track any adjustments.
- Collaborate with peers in other sales roles, Regional marketing, Business Analyst.
In addition to the strategic direction referenced above, this position is also responsible for the standard operational tasks of Sales Management, including:
What You'll Need:
- Experience leading teams through the use of Salesforce or a similar customer relationship management tool.
- Facility in using reports and pipelines to handle forecasts
- Ability to build your own reports and presentations through Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possesses unquestionable ethics, integrity and business judgment.
- Demonstrates a commitment to excellence and a positive demeanor.
- Makes a conscious effort to be thoughtful; employs a low-ego, honest, and authentic communication style.
- Intellectually curious and detail oriented.
- Dynamic, flexible, and proactive; a good teammate eager to collaborate with colleagues across the organization, including the senior and global leadership teams.
- Inspiring and persuasive communicator; written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation; strong influencing ability.
- Innovative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in dynamic environments, making decisions in a changing and sometimes ambiguous environment while anticipating future needs.
- High EQ; relates comfortably with a wide variety of people in a multicultural, international environment; committed to creating an inclusive culture.
- Promotes shared accountability rather than a “top down” or commanding management approach; never employs a shame and blame approach but rather focuses on collective accountability for bringing solutions.
As a member of our Senior Leadership Team (SLT), the person in this role is expected to exhibit a higher level of leadership with a more impactful influence than the Directors at the company and you must:
Nice To Have:
- Previous experience working with visual content and brand marketing – from either the sales or client side.
- Experience speaking publicly at conferences and demonstrating thought leadership on behalf of an organization.
Mental And Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication to exchange information.
- Occasionally moving objects up to 20 lbs and frequently moving objects up to 10 lbs.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.