Manager, Accounting (14957)
Finance and Accounting – Accounting and Reporting /
NOTICE: Please be aware that Getty Images has been the target of a phishing campaign. If you receive an invitation to interview for a position from an individual claiming to be an HR Manager or Recruiter, validate that their email address ends in @gettyimages.com. No one from Getty Images will contact you without this specific email address. Additionally, if anyone asks you to contact them with Telegram, please be advised we do not use this tool for our recruiting process and you should disregard these requests. If you are connected by any of these individuals, please do not provide any information and report them immediately to LinkedIn. As a reminder, all career opportunities can be found here.
Location: North America
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time we open our offices. At the time of the local office opening, employees and managers will partner to determine the work site location in line with our Flexible working policy.
Our Accounting Team: Our more than 1,600 employees represent the diverse communities they live and work in around the world. They speak more than 22 languages, come from more than 30 countries, and include working parents, military spouses and veterans. They bring a wide berth of perspectives and experiences to drive our Mission. We provide many opportunities for learning and growth, cultivating a culture of curiosity. These include formal and informal mentoring opportunities, high potential programming, leadership learning, content development hours to advise on our product offerings, and tailored learning across all functions. We believe in providing learning across various platforms and media as well, recognizing the learning differences of our employees. We are defining a future of work that is more flexible, digital, and purposeful. Our approach aims to empower employees to do their best work in the setting that works for them, supporting employee flexibility while balancing business needs. Our focus is on results, not when or how you do your work. The global accounting department is made up of approximately 20 individuals in Seattle, Japan, Turkey, Australia, and Canada. We bring a unique background of experiences and want to share those experiences to help others learn and grow. We enjoy working to achieve goals as a team. We all exceed together by sharing and shifting work as business needs arise. We are a team of people who care about each other, want to accomplish shared goals, and have fun along the way.
Getty Images is embarking on its next wave of evolution by once again becoming a publicly traded company. This provides a unique opportunity for someone to help influence the accounting department as a public company.
Who You Are:
- A successful candidate will bring energy and excitement to the daily challenges.
- This person should be as comfortable preparing work as they are delegating and handling tasks because we are “One Getty Images with no silos.
- This position is a leadership role in Getty Images’ Global Finance Team and is responsible for running various activities in our general ledger accounting team.
- This role acts as a liaison and resource for internal and external collaborators (including third-party auditors), while providing day-to-day leadership and mentoring to a team of accounting professionals. This position reports to the Controller.
Your Next Challenge:
- You will lead multiple teams within the General Ledger function (US and International).
- This position supervises 4-5 US reports and 4-5 international reports.
- Plays a key role in leading month-end close process by preparing and reviewing journal entries and preparing management reports.
- Help form the future processes, controls, and deadlines for our new public company.
- Functioning as a liaison between the company and auditors in providing the required information.
- Reviewing, analyzing, and reconciling general ledger accounts to ensure accurate balances are reflected in the financial documents.
- This role primarily is responsible for all Sales, General and Administrative cost centers, prepares and presents results to the Chief Accounting Officer and Chief Financial Officer, and leads the team to meet monthly close targets.
- Takes ownership and initiative on new and current projects that impact company-wide objectives and the General Ledger function.
- Encourages direct reports through their professionalism and work integrity; displays can-do demeanor and is collaborative in nature.
- Effectively delegates the appropriate tasks to the right individuals based on their competence and motivation levels; pushes tasks and decisions down, empowering others
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant and/or management experience in this field.
- Critical eye and attention to detail to identify errors in direct reports’ work products.
- Ability to independently set direction, empower team and deliver results.
- A strong ability to “figure things out” and work to find solutions.
- High degree of emotional maturity, leadership presence and ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels.
- Deadline driven with a desire for continual operational improvements.
- Strong technical savvy is a must.
- Oracle experience a plus.
- Education and Certifications
- B.S./B.A./MPAcc in Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 440 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.