Software Engineer – Data Visualization (14841) - Vancouver, BC (Remote)
Marketing – Data Science /
NOTICE: Please be aware that Getty Images has been the target of a phishing campaign. If you receive an invitation to interview for a position from an individual claiming to be an HR Manager or Recruiter, validate that their email address ends in @gettyimages.com. No one from Getty Images will contact you without this specific email address. Additionally, if anyone asks you to contact them with Telegram, please be advised we do not use this tool for our recruiting process and you should disregard these requests. If you are connected by any of these individuals, please do not provide any information and report them immediately to LinkedIn. As a reminder, all career opportunities can be found here.
Software Engineer – Data Visualization - Vancouver, BC (Remote)
Location: Vancouver, BC (Remote)
Due to the current conditions of COVID-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time when we return to our office.
Who You Are:
- The mission of the Customer Data Science team at Getty Images Inc. is to understand who our customers are, how they use our products and content, and why they use it. We use internal and third-party data to help our partners and customers make sound data-informed decisions. As a Software Engineer - Data Visualization embedded within the Customer Data Science team at Getty Images, you will help build data-rich user interfaces and UI components to help our customers, contributors and employees see and reason about data. You’ll have the opportunity to use our extensive datasets, work with the latest web technologies, interact closely with the Data Science team, and influence data products spanning a wide range of applications such as experimentation platforms, internal analytics, and customer engagement.
- The output of your work will be core to defining how internal partners and users consume and interact with Getty Images’ data. It will help elevate their experience when interacting with data and enable them to make data-informed decisions. Your work will also serve as the foundation for multiple pivotal initiatives that sit at the intersection of groups including Marketing, Product and Content.
Your Next Challenge:
- In this role, you will play a pivotal role in helping meet the demand for communicating visual insights and data stories both internally and externally. Your primary responsibility will be to build and deliver interactive user interfaces that sit on top of a robust portfolio of Data Science models. You will collaborate closely with Data Science, Product and Design to build high-scale, highly-performant interactive data products for product managers, marketers, account managers, and eventually even our end-users.
- On any given day, the scope of your work may include some of the following challenges:
- Build performant, appealing, and scalable features and services that delight our end users and help understand our customers and how they interact with our collection of products and imagery
- Refine and supply to new interactive data visualization capabilities to be served on internal data products and to our customers
- Identifying (and where applicable adopting) opportunities, new technologies and patterns for data visualization, and contribute to guidelines and design conventions and standards for modeling and data visualizations
- Collect feedback to make continuous improvements to new and existing data visualizations and develop understanding of user needs (both internal and external) to deliver creative and thoughtful ways of presenting data and output of Machine Learning models.
- Collaborate closely across the organization to understanding and refine processes to ensure efficient and scalable growth for our data products
- Work across multi-functional teams to formulate, prototype, implement, and fine tune solutions
- We value learning and development, and you will be given every opportunity to work on projects that excite you. You will have the opportunity to sit at the intersection of Content, Engineering, Marketing, Product and Leadership to advise, influence, support
- Develop deep understanding of client use cases to deliver creative and thoughtful solutions
What You’ll Need:
- Knowledgeable and passionate about data visualization. Can comfortably craft or critique visual representations of data or data interfaces.
- Proven UI or UX skills, with experience building web and/or mobile interfaces for displaying information. Optimally considers users with varying technical proficiency and data literacy levels.
- Knowledge of query languages, APIs, data pipelines, and how to work with them in practice.
- Experience of having worked hands-on as with Data Scientists, preferably in a content or customer-focused organization (preferred but not required).
- Ability to independently complete a project, from conceptualization to delivery to partners, and can pro-actively interact with other engineers at Getty Images to access vital resources or data.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Frequent repetition of motions and gestures that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers. (Required)
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time we open our offices. At the time of the local office opening, employees and managers will partner to determine the work site location in line with our Flexible working policy.
Benefits at Getty Images
Extended Health Insurance
Time off Work/life balance is important to us
We provide flexible time off and 10 sick days each calendar year. Additionally, we pay 4 weeks of fully-paid Parental Leave for new parents, with primary caregivers eligible for an additional 8 weeks of fully-paid leave.
Company Paid Holidays
Employees enjoy company-paid holidays for each of our global locations.
Disability and Life Insurance
We automatically enroll and pay for Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D) up to 2 times your annual salary. We also provide you with fully paid Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
Employee Assistance Program
Employees have access to free, confidential assistance for everyday problems such as stress management, financial coaching, marital or family issues, substance abuse, occupational problems, and referrals for legal, childcare, and eldercare services. Employees can seek additional discounts on other wellness activities such as travel, gym memberships, and sports! Through our EAP services, employees are also eligible for 3 free counseling visits and life coaching sessions.
Start saving for retirement! Getty Images matches up to 3% of your deferred compensation, after 3 months of employment. Contributions are taken from your gross pay BEFORE payroll taxes are calculated resulting in a tax reduction.
Learning & Growth
We value continuous learning and development to help everyone develop their skills. Enjoy mentorship, curated training & more.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 440 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.