Senior Art Director
Creative – Creative Content /
Who We Are:
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Who You Are:
You have a strong creative vision, are passionate about photography and video and get excited about original ideas. The role is to provide Creative Direction to a roster of Getty Images, iStock and Image Partner photographers and videographers, creating both high end commercial creative content as well as award-winning work.
You will work on the complete cycle of a shoot, from idea generation, production support, on-set art direction, editing and retouch recommendations. You will have a good understanding of the photography landscape and knowledge of visual trends both in and outside the stock industry. You have the ability to devise original shoot ideas based on your interpretation of the data we have into customers evolving imagery needs and be highly effective at communicating these ideas to photographers and videographers. You will also have a proven instinct for identifying and recruiting up-and-coming content creators (stills and video) who would be appropriate to shoot stock.
In addition, you work on a range of initiatives and projects which help promote and showcase our work, inspiring customers and our sales teams with the strength and quality of Getty Images and iStock’s creative offer.
The role is as much about people as it is about creativity; you will build relationships across the business, with our network of photographers and videographers and with customers. Working well under pressure, work independently and have the ability to multi-task a variety of projects is vital.
Your next challenge:
- Conceptualize and execute original and highly saleable stills and video for Getty Images brands and communicate these ideas to photographers, videographers and colleagues.
- Forge and maintain trusting relationships with key photographers and videographers.
- Ensure your content direction to creators is in line with our in-house category analysis and content data needs.
- Use our in-house data and analysis combined with your cultural reference points and creative instincts to carry out visual research to inform art direction.
- Lead the art direction of shoots (in person and long distance) in line with Getty Images content planning.
- Motivate and influence photographers, videographers and production teams to deliver commercial stills and video that are highly saleable across Getty Images platforms.
- Source and recruit new talent across various visual disciplines.
- Review and edit content submitted for technical and visual quality and commercial viability.
- Conduct regular reviews of incoming content to measure performance against key performance metrics.
- Actively work to showcase relevant content and talent both on Getty Image’s marketing and social media platforms as well as gain outside organic PR.
- Amplify our reach to key members of the Getty Images and iStock photographic community to motivate and educate – through webinars, virtual and in-person events and presentations.
- Support the Head of Art as well as the wider global Art Direction team.
- Support the sales and marketing teams through presentations to staff and key customers on creative content and curation of relevant on-brand image collections.
What you'll need:
- Solid experience of Art Directing commercial stills and video
- An inclusive and authentic working style.
- A team player with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate content creators
- Broad knowledge of the commercial photography and video industry
- An ability to conceptualize ideas and shoot productions with limited direction.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Strong presentation and layout skills
- Ability to prioritize (quickly and efficiently) with tight deadlines and follow through.
- Strong understanding of commercial multimedia content, its creation and usage
- Must be proficient in relevant software applications including MS Office, Powerpoint, Keynote and Photoshop
- Positive, collaborative attitude with a passion for creative excellence.
- Strong people skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage time effectively
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Occasionally moving objects up to 20 lbs and frequently moving objects up to 10 lbs.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
Getty Images is committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.