Copywriter, New York
New York /
Marketing – Marketing, Creative Services /
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 435 million assets, of which over 310 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
Location: New York
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time when we return to our office.
Who You Are:
The copywriting position is responsible for writing and editing a range of web and electronic communications from online articles to emails.
You will strengthen and grow relations with our community of content creators (contributors), working across Getty Images and iStock creative photo, video, illustration, and editorial departments.
You will be responsible for writing and editing a range of web and electronic communications from online articles to emails. You will offer your expertise and support for multi-disciplinary marketing communications, focussing on the creation of effective email and social media campaigns.
Your Next Challenge:
- Research, concept, write/edit contributor communications, with a copywriter’s eye for detail and a talent for explaining complex issues in the most concise and impactful way
- Build, curate and promote engaging and compelling content independently and in collaboration with other stakeholders
- Provide proactive recommendations for content and programming ideas based upon trends, social data and audience insights
- Assist in the development of Marketing Campaigns for our contributor community, in line with strategic business goals and initiative
- Proven track record to build engagement with an audience
- Collaborate with Creative, Marketing and Product teams to ensure best practices and consistency across all communications and channels
- Prioritise multiple, complex, time-sensitive projects on a daily basis
- Manage timely creation of content and maintain content calendars
- Supervise effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs; pull, analyse, review, and report on data and insights across relevant teams
What You'll Need:
- Minimum 1-2 years proven experience in this field
- Solid copywriting experience (in-house or agency), including significant experience writing for the web, and strong editing skills
- Very strong concepting and strategic skills, with the ability to build compelling, contributor-focused copy that achieves results and maintains the brand voice
- Excellent command of the English language, including American English spelling and grammar, and familiarity with World English
- Deep understanding of brand, with the ability to adapt writing style to fit within established guidelines
- Previous experience with social tools and platform analytics (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Social media and blogging skills
- Photoshop and design skills a plus
- Has an understanding of HTML / CSS / XML a plus
- Experience / basic knowledge of site analytics (e.g. Google Analytics) a plus
- Having some knowledge of SEO is a plus
- Ability to work with a content management system a plus
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.