Assignment Editor - Sydney (15524)
Editorial – Editorial Content /
About the role:
The role of Assignment Editor is responsible for organising aspects of sport photographic & video coverage of events in Australia and New Zealand, working alongside content contributors and sales teams to produce commercial sports assignments. The successful applicant will have experience working in a fast-paced environment, large workload volume, time management and attention to detail.
· Maintain and develop plans for new and existing sport assignment opportunities in Australia and New Zealand
· Work closely with sales teams to maintain current sports assignment & commercial clients
· Champion new forms of coverage including video, new technologies and social media integration
· Communicate with photographers on sports assignments & commercial needs from sports coverage
· Provide effective feedback for photographers and sales teams based on sports commercial assignment needs
· Increase communication & feedback between photography team and sports commercial clients
· Understand Global sports commercial requirements and how they are linked to Australia and New Zealand coverage requirements
· Read and clearly understand client briefs, to be able to manage client expectations, and communicate with content contributors in a timely manner
· Recognise and work closely with sales teams to develop potential new business
· Supports content upload processes via Picture Desk - from field and in the office - to ensure that quality captioned images are available for clients both during and after an event to meet strict deadlines
· Works with global assignment and picturedesk editors to ensure coverage of athletes and sports relevant to ANZ is adequate with regards to quantity and quality of imagery and accuracy of metadata
· Build and maintain effective relationships with content contributors, sales and customers with phone, email contact and personal visits as required
· Build & grow a sports assignment roster of content creators in Australia & New Zealand
· Manage logistic and budgetary aspects of deploying content creators to events and client photo shoots
· Research current events specializing in sport which includes: producing a calendar of events, speaking with clients, media managers and publicists to secure premium access to events
· Provide feedback to photographers on quality and production
· Review photographer’s expenses on all assignments and maintain budget requirements
· Maintain industry awareness which includes keeping up to date on regional sport-related news, photographic trends and champions new technologies supported by the business
· Seeks feedback from researchers and sales staff to gauge client satisfaction
· Provide onsite logistic support at key sport and client assignments
· Ability to work independently, lead, or as part of a team depending on the take requirements
· Gain overall knowledge of Editorial sport assignments and Getty Images workflows& systems to assist with backfill and cross over
· Champions new technology and content formats supported by the business including video and social media
· Willing & able to work flexible hours throughout the week and travel when necessary
· Any other ad hoc duties, tasks and/or projects as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in this field
· Knowledge of Australian and New Zealand sports and media landscape
· Team building and social skills
· Relevant degree preferred
· Must be an effective time manager across varying priorities and changing workload
Why Join Us?
Getty Images Australia is located in North Sydney, our modern and luxe office has a stunning view Sydney Harbour, is close to public transport and the Sydney entertainment hub.
We offer flexible hybrid work model and have a host of other exciting benefits such as subsidised private health insurance, above statutory superannuation contributions, additional paid annual leave days, working from home reimbursements, paid parental leave and much more!
Be part of a fun and dynamic team with an admirable culture with the ability to thrive, grow and be creative.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all races, religions, and genders. We have zero-tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
Getty Images is a preeminent global visual content creator and marketplace. Through Getty Images, iStock, and Unsplash, we offer a full range of content solutions to meet the needs of any customer—no matter their size—around the globe.
Getty Images encompasses the largest and best path to market for visual creators through their premier brands including its core, Getty Images; iStock, a value offering of creative stills and videos providing a significant volume of exclusive content to small and medium-sized businesses; and Unsplash, a free offering of creative stills servicing the fast-growing and broad-based creator economy.
Help us move the world with images! Bringing award-winning imagery to everyone, Getty Images has customers in almost every country in the world, with websites in 23 languages, bringing the world’s best content to media outlets, advertising agencies and corporations, small businesses and increasingly, direct to consumers.
Getty Images works with over 496,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport, and entertainment events around the globe. With over 495 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allow our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behavior and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or submitting an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.