Data Scientist (14384) - United States or Canada (Remote)
Remote - United States /
Customer – Data Science /
Several false job solicitations are circulating via email and social media purporting to be official Getty Images communications. While our staff may initially contact you via social media if your experience is relevant to a posted role, we will never issue job offers or request personal financial information via social media. Further, all outreach will include the Getty Images’ employee email and phone contact. As a reminder, all career opportunities can be found here.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 440 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
Data Scientist - United States or Canada (Remote)
Location: United States or Canada (Remote)
Due to the current conditions of COVID-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time when we return to our office.
Who You Are:
- Getty Images is looking for individuals that enjoy applying new and traditional Machine Learning methods to bring forward outstanding insights to our customers. This role is an outstanding opportunity to help craft how we measure, perceive and share imagery needs across the globe!
- In this role, you help develop Machine Learning pipelines to measure content consumption trends. Your work will help users to understand their growing and evolving needs for imagery. You will support the entire product development lifecycle from product conceptualization to opportunity sizing; from measurement design to experimentation; from causal analysis to post-launch learning; and iteration into the next development cycle. This role will sit at the intersection of Content, Engineering, Marketing, Product and Leadership to advise and influence on key decisions. We value learning and development, and you will be given every opportunity to work on projects that excite you!
- In addition to possessing a strong technical background, you are comfortable explaining sophisticated analytical and statistical methods to both Business and Engineering teams, and can provide concrete recommendations on how to deploy your work into production. You will have end-to-end autonomy and ownership of your projects and partner cross-functionally with other business units to uncover new opportunities for business growth.
Your Next Challenge:
- You will join a growing team of highly-collaborative and curious Data Scientists and Data Engineers. As a member of the team, you will play a key role in driving (and improving) Getty Images’ editorial and content-based pivotal initiatives, working closely with creative specialists and product leads to help drive increased customer experience.
- Your primary responsibility will be to help understand how customers connect with Getty Images’ collection of 300+ Million assets. You will apply that understanding to build both internal and external data products. You will communicate discoveries across the team, business partners, and leadership. You will collaborate with engineers to craft reliable data pipelines. You will write code and work with all of Getty Images' technology stack to build and maintain a production-level data ecosystem.
What You’ll Need:
- A curiosity about how imagery is used in different regions around the world, and are excited to help Getty Images deepen and broaden its understanding of content trends.
- Validated experience of having worked hands-on as a Data Scientist, preferably in a content or people-focused organization.
- Proficiency in Machine Learning, statistical modeling and/or data mining, and understanding of the real-world advantages and drawbacks of various Machine Learning techniques.
- A Ph.D. or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics/Finance, Sociology, Natural Sciences or any other equivalent quantitative project is helpful. If you are self-taught or have meaningful work experience, we would love to hear from you as well.
- Proven understanding of Python (preferred) or R, along with experience working within the AWS ecosystem and standard tools such as Git, bash and SQL.
- Knowledge of Spark, NLP, time series analysis, and outlier detection is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and orally), and a proven track record to comfortably produce written reports and present findings to partners.
- Ability to independently carry through a project, from conceptualization to delivery. You can pro-actively interact with other engineers at Getty Images to access vital resources.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Frequent repetition of motions and gestures that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers. (Required)
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time we open our offices. At the time of the local office opening, employees and managers will partner to determine the work site location in line with our Flexible working policy.
Benefits at Getty Images
We provide Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance for you and your family. We partner with Meritain (An Aetna Company), and CVS Caremark to provide you with two options for medical coverage - a POS plan and an HSA-qualified (Health Savings Account) Plan. The POS plan comes with a $200 per year Getty Images contribution to an FSA account. If you enroll in the HSA plan, Getty Images will give you $1400-$2400 per year to spend on any qualified health expenses. Dental insurance is available through Delta Dental. Vision Insurance is available through VSP. All full-time employees working at least 25 hours per week will become eligible for health benefits the 1st of the month following their date of hire. Contributions to health care accounts are prorated based on the date of hire. For more information on these benefits, you may request an electronic copy of our Benefits Guide.
Time off Work/life balance is important to us
We provide flexible time off and 10 sick days each calendar year. Additionally, we pay 4 weeks of fully-paid Parental Leave for new parents, with primary caregivers eligible for an additional 8 weeks of fully-paid leave.
Company Paid Holidays
Employees enjoy company-paid holidays for each of our global locations.
Disability and Life Insurance
We automatically enroll and pay for Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D) up to 2 times your annual salary. We also provide you with fully paid Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
Employee Assistance Program
Employees have access to free, confidential assistance for everyday problems such as stress management, financial coaching, marital or family issues, substance abuse, occupational problems, and referrals for legal, childcare, and eldercare services. Employees can seek additional discounts on other wellness activities such as travel, gym memberships, and sports! Through our EAP services, employees are also eligible for 3 free counseling visits and life coaching sessions.
Start saving for retirement! Getty Images matches up to 4% of your deferred compensation, with immediate vesting – that means all of Getty Images employer match money is automatically yours – with no waiting period!
Learning & Growth
We value continuous learning and development to help everyone develop their skills. Enjoy mentorship, curated training & more.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.