Research Editor - Sydney (Remote/Office Hybrid)
Sales – Field Sales /
Several false job solicitations are circulating via email and social media purporting to be official Getty Images communications. While our staff may initially contact you via social media if your experience is relevant to a posted role, we will never issue job offers or request personal financial information via social media. Further, all outreach will include the Getty Images’ employee email and phone contact. As a reminder, all career opportunities can be found here.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 440 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
Who You Are
You are the creative bridge between Getty Images clients and sales teams, interpreting and fulfilling clients’ requests for content across Getty Images’ products and services and serving as a content expert.
You show leadership abilities and have advanced search skills and knowledge of GI content and product offerings. You creatively and strategically bridge the gap between Getty Images clients, sales, and product teams and serve as a rights expert. You can find opportunities, train on relevant products, and are driven to bring solutions across the organization and with our top tier customers.
What is Your Next Challenge
- Searches and curates content to fulfill clients’ specific requests
- Collaborates with sales to ensure that the entire scope of clients’ projects are understood in order to maximize revenue for all Getty Images products and services
- Follows up with both client and sales rep to ensure that content selection meets or exceeds expectations and results in a sale
- Communicates and educates customers on how to search for content on Getty Images website and includes assisting through direct phone/e-mail contact and in-person meetings
- Demonstrates strong understanding of copyright, licensing, and intellectual property Is able to direct opportunities to the Rights & Clearance Service; looks for opportunities to pitch this service when conducting content searches and discusses options with clients
- Curates visually stimulating photo sets to engage consumers coming to Getty ImagesWorks as intermediary between sales and Getty’s image partners and contributors
- Acts as a product expert for particular content (stills, video); educates clients and internal sales staff on content through in-person and WebEx presentations
- Provides overall outstanding customer service through constant customer interaction
- Provides internal feedback on content trends and needs which result in acquisition of new content or uploading to website of existing content
- Provides internal feedback to improve our online search experience and keyword functionality
What You will Need
- English speaker and other languages an advantage.
- Ability to find and discuss revenue opportunities with clients (pertaining to future research opportunities or other GI products).
- Has an advanced specialty in Broadcast and production company related research or demonstrates an expertise in a content offering.
- Relevant experience in stock photo/ footage/ music industry.
- Team player – works well in team environment and has potential to manage or mentor team members.
- Proven ability to manage large scale projects or products without supervision, on time and in scope.
- Strong understanding of copyright, licensing, and Intellectual Property.
- Ability to work within client deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal with presentation skills.
- Displays consistent ability to use critical thinking.
- Customer Focus – motivated to provide excellent service.
- High accountability in achieving results.
- Ability to function well in changing environment.
- Strong knowledge of photography, history, geography, current events and popular culture.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.