Assignment Editor - Editorial Video (Entertainment), EMEA - London (15362)
Editorial – Editorial Content /
Assignment Editor – Editorial Video (Entertainment) EMEA
Duration: Fixed Term Contract - 12 Months
Location: London, United Kingdom
Start: January 2023, or sooner!
At the time of the local office opening, employees and managers will partner to determine the work site location in line with our Flexible working policy (Remote, Full time in office, Less than 50% in office, and More than 50% in office).
Who You Are:
- You should have a keen interest in the world of celebrity and entertainment, keeping up to date on the latest news from film, fashion, music, royalty, and the arts via traditional outlets as well as social media. You are a multi-tasker who is excited about working across some of the biggest events in Entertainment (Film festivals, fashion weeks, red carpet premieres, Royal Events & More!)
- You will be able to prioritise your workload optimally whilst balancing tasks and projects, remaining calm in the moment. You are comfortable working as part of a team, collaborating and knowing how to make strategic decisions when required. You relish the chance to meet new people and build positive relationships. You appreciate all forms of content with a keen interest in video and social first content.
- This is an established role supporting the EMEA Editorial Video Team in arranging the daily Entertainment coverage for day to day events as well as large scale multi-day events.
Your Next Challenge:
- Produce, assign, and coordinate a team of videographers, editors, and producers to the coverage of entertainment events in assigned EMEA.
- Lead or assist in on-site production of major tent pole events across territories for both Editorial events
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key editorial clients and PR’s by regular phone, email and personal visits.
- Support the Editorial Video team with scheduling for the entertainment calendar of events.
- Helping to build a strong roster of freelancers across EMEA as well as looking to introduce new talent where appropriate.
- Run logistical arrangements deploying video teams to locations and events within assigned territory, including arrangements capturing and/or sharing pool or handout content.
- General administration duties relating to the above tasks.
What You'll Need:
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and social skills with an aptitude for networking.
- Up-to-date knowledge of key celebrities and entertainment events
- Ability to work across multiple events and communicate any change in information last minute to teams where required.
- A keen understanding and passion for social media trends in video content.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, constantly evolving and at times, busy environment.
- Ability to keep calm and works well under pressure, with a can do, tenacious demeanour.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook crucial.
- Comfortable with working extended hours including some evenings and weekends
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
Getty Images is a preeminent global visual content creator and marketplace. Through Getty Images, iStock, and Unsplash, we offer a full range of content solutions to meet the needs of any customer—no matter their size—around the globe.
Getty Images encompasses the largest and best path to market for visual creators through their premier brands including its core, Getty Images; iStock, a value offering of creative stills and videos providing a significant volume of exclusive content to small and medium-sized businesses; and Unsplash, a free offering of creative stills servicing the fast-growing and broad-based creator economy.
Help us move the world with images! Bringing award-winning imagery to everyone, Getty Images has customers in almost every country in the world, with websites in 23 languages, bringing the world’s best content to media outlets, advertising agencies and corporations, small businesses and increasingly, direct to consumers.
Getty Images works with over 496,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport, and entertainment events around the globe. With over 495 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allow our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behavior and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or submitting an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.