Autonomy Software Engineer
San Francisco, California /
Ware is an enterprise-grade supply chain digitization platform building technology at the intersection of robotics and machine learning. Trusted by leading logistics companies, we help organizations operate more efficiently by implementing automation into their workflows. Our first product leverages the power of drones to transform the way warehouses and distribution centers accomplish the critical task of tracking inventory. We're funded by leading investors, like Bloomberg Beta, and partnered with innovative companies, like Skydio.
As an Autonomy Software Engineer you will take a key role in our startup team building algorithms that generate complex flight plans for our fleet of Skydio drones, process captured images, and contribute to core components in our automated warehouse inventory system. This work represents some of the first deployments of truly autonomous robots to perform valuable real-world tasks in a large and critical industry.
- Design and implement mapping and path-finding algorithms for Skydio 2
- Design software that will coordinate the flights of multiple drones within a facility with human operations
- Analyze flight data to extract inventory information
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment with the rest of the team to deliver high quality solutions to our customers
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 3+ years of experience developing software with Python
- Strong foundation in math, theory and software development
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Experience implementing applications using algorithms in one or more of the following areas: motion planning, localization (with visual fiducial systems), computer vision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- 5+ years of software development experience developing behavior, planning, navigation and/or localization solution for robots, autonomous cars or similar.
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Experience building mission critical, highly available systems and operating 24x7 services.
- Experience building safety-critical software.
- Attention to code quality, including the design of APIs and state machines
Life at Ware
Ware was named one of the Top 50 Seed Stage Startups to Work For in 2021. Our team is diverse and committed to solving complex problems with elegant solutions. Logistics is already complicated enough—we believe in making a lasting impact by bringing the power of simplicity to our customer's lives. Join us!
Perks & Benefits
* Competitive salary + equity
* Full Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage for Employee + 50% coverage for Dependents
* Unlimited vacation policy
* Unlimited Philz coffee
* Mall discounts
* Climbing wall in the office
* Modern office (literally) on top of Powell BART & MUNI
* Commuter benefits
* Parental leave
* Happy hours