West Hollywood Headquarters
Ride in style with Wheels, a last-mile, shared electric vehicle platform, that is changing the current landscape in dockless mobility. Our innovative products are a low-cost, fun, and comfortable way to see your city and get you where you need to go safely. Connect with our app through a smartphone and don't forget to tag us on instagram @takewheels.
While we're headquartered in West Hollywood, California, we're quickly expanding across the world and coming to a city near you. We hope you're ready for the ride of your life.
As an Electronics Engineer, you’ll have electrical design responsibility to help develop Wheels Bikes and provide engineering input and solutions to develop key brand differentiators.
Get to know us better by checking out these articles:
What You’ll Do
- Lead post-launch sustaining engineering activities intended to support a smooth transition of new and existing production improvements into full rate production.
- Responsible for managing medium-large scale and/or moderately complex departmental and cross-functional development projects
- Act as liaison between design engineering, product management, operations, quality, supply chain and other stakeholders to identify and prioritize critical project milestones and deliverables
- Assist overseas and US engineering teams with technical issues to ensure mutual understanding and smooth collaboration between Engineering, Contract Manufacturers and Suppliers
- Evaluate and troubleshoot electronic circuitry and provide technical feedback for root cause investigations and supplier designs in progress
- Review supplier PCBA layout, physical PCBs, electronics, design and quality
- Design and support production of line tooling and test equipment
- Evaluate design solutions as well as perform electronics functional tests
- Work with other Electrical, Mechanical, and Validation Engineers in analysis, investigation and resolution of supplier related engineering problems
- Design and evaluate power electronic circuitry and select components according to requirements
- Manage schematic capture and PCBA layout of all prototype electronics
- Test and qualify alternate components due to obsolescence
- Evaluate design solutions as well as perform power electronics functional test and system integration
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s (B.S.) Degree in Electrical Engineering, or similar technical discipline, from an accredited institution (ABET)
- Bachelors; BE, BS, BSc, BEng, B Tech, BME, or BAMSc
- Acreditions; US Accredited ABET
- 5+ years leading cross-functional project teams without direct supervisory responsibilities
- 5+ years of engineering design and manufacturing experience in a med-high to high volume production facility and product development environment
- Prior professional experience with embedded electronics design containing microcontrollers, DSPs, programmable logic devices (FPGA, CPLD), memory, high speed signaling, MEMS sensors, etc
- Design for Manufacturability (DFM) & Design for Test (DFT)Microprocessor, microcontroller experience including testing
- Proficiency with Altium Designer or similar software
- Be flexible to travel domestically and internationally according to business necessity, up to 20%.
- Troubleshooting motors, motor controllers, battery management systems, power supplies, inverters / converters, and/or power electronics
- Digital, analog and circuit design, battery safety (DOT and HALT), testing and validation experience
- Experience working with domestic and overseas suppliers, and contract manufacturers
- Experience with RF and Bluetooth communication
- Experience with embedded firmware
- Experience with CANbus, UART, I2C, and SPI communications
- DISCLAIMER: This is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this position. However, the employee will be held responsible for all duties assigned.
- Experience in start up environments
- A flexible mentality and comfortability working in high demand / fast-paced environments
- Working experience in fields of consumer electronics, auto industry, or Ebikes
Wheels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.