West Hollywood Headquarters
Ride in style with Wheels, a last-mile, shared electric vehicle platform, that is changing the current landscape in dockless mobility. Our innovative products are a low-cost, fun, and comfortable way to see your city and get you where you need to go safely. Connect with our app through a smartphone and don't forget to tag us on instagram @takewheels.
While we're headquartered in West Hollywood, California, we're quickly expanding across the world and coming to a city near you. We hope you're ready for the ride of your life.
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be responsible for driving service excellence and process improvements. The primary focus will be streamlining processes with our manufacturers in China.
What You'll Do
- Communicate and streamline processes with our manufacturers in China
- Design and implement fixtures, tools/tooling, and shop aids to improve serviceability of the product
- Develop, qualify, and refine service/repair processes to prolong product life
- Perform process analysis and optimization
- Work with design engineers to evaluate designs for serviceability and implementation in a rapidly-evolving environment
- Quickly resolve non-conformances and work with the Quality team to implement root cause corrective actions
- Identify, plan, and execute capital equipment, machine, and layout upgrades to the meet volume demand
- Analyze, evaluate and propose equipment, process, and facility layout to ensure the most efficient operating conditions
- Generate and report project status and timelines
- Maintain safe and effective working standards for all personnel
- Troubleshoot/repair problems using standard test equipment and hand tools
What You’ll Need
- Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, BSME, BSEE preferred
- 5+ years experience on a manufacturing team
- 3+ Years Experience in a fast pace environment working with China
- Experience with appliance, automotive or electromechanical device manufacturing a plus
- Demonstrated expertise to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization around service/production and process controls; Corrective & Preventive Action (CAPA), consumer complaints, and product improvement activities
- Excellent oral communication & report, business correspondence & procedure-writing skills
- Experience with Start- ups and high growth businesses
Wheels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.