Public Affairs Manager- Florida/Atlanta
West Hollywood Headquarters
Who We Are:
Ride in style with Wheels, a last-mile, shared electric vehicle platform, that is changing the current landscape in dockless mobility. Our innovative products are a low-cost, fun, and comfortable way to see your city and get you where you need to go safely. Connect with our app through a smartphone and don't forget to tag us on instagram @takewheels.
While we're headquartered in West Hollywood, California, we're quickly expanding across the world and coming to a city near you. We hope you're ready for the ride of your life.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Public Affairs Manager to manage: public affairs, government relations, growth and strategy throughout the respected region. You will be an instrumental member of the team in charting strategic growth opportunities, developing new partnerships with cities, and interfacing directly with state and city leaders. You will join a team of visionary leaders seeking to quickly expand Wheel's reach in a heavily outward facing and strategic role.
Get to know us better by checking out these articles:
What You'll Do
- Help our company build and execute its new markets strategy and playbook, and execute effective community affairs and government partnership development
- Help set and carry-out the public policy and advocacy agenda for the company in the your region, collaborating with the other teams and executives to ensure alignment between business objectives, and policy and community outreach goals
- Develop the necessary relationships with government leaders, transit partners, businesses, organizations and other prospective partners to carry out legislative strategy and strategic development at the state and local level
- Track and advise on important changes in regulatory or legislative matters
- Evaluate, prioritize, and discern strategic paths toward the launch of new markets
- Partner with organizations, educational institutions and similar groups to align Wheel's social mission in transportation, health, and the environment to improve our community outreach initiatives
- Collaborate with marketing and communications teams
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years experience in public affairs, campaigns, and/or business development in a government-related environment
- Existing transportation, government, and advocacy contacts in cities throughout the region. Past experience developing state legislative strategies and/or campaigns
- Excellent communications skills along with the ability to speak in public
- Tenacious disposition and aptitude for overcoming obstacles
- Ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels
- Pure hustle: We are a startup, which means not everything will go according to plan. You are a high-energy person who is not afraid of jumping in where needed
- Focus on executing: Being on the front edge of our growth strategy means you are doing a million things at once. You can prioritize and execute well while maintaining long-term strategic focus
- An analytical and strategic mindset: You can quickly discern the cost-benefit analysis of your time, the company’s resources, and drive the business toward high-impact initiatives and efficient growth
- Real passion for sustainability, politics, urban planning, mobility, using tech for good
- DISCLAIMER: This is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this position. However, the employee will be held responsible for all duties assigned.
Wheels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.