West Hollywood Headquarters
Wheels is a last-mile, shared electric vehicle platform changing the current landscape in dockless mobility. With innovative products focused on sleek design and safety, Wheels provides a low-cost, fun, and comfortable way to get around cities through the connection of a smartphone. Wheels is headquartered in West Hollywood, California and is expanding quickly across the world.
As General Manager, you’ll be responsible for the growth and success of Wheels within your cities. You’ll play a vital role in all aspects of the business, including managing local operations and partnering with our Business Intelligence, Public Affairs, Engineering, and Hardware teams to deliver on goals and scale best practices. This is one of the toughest - but most rewarding - jobs at Wheels, requiring a versatile leader who can develop and execute strategy, manage people, and also get their hands dirty to tackle hard problems. This role requires a unique combination of leadership, operational prowess, analytics, and marketing savvy along with a strong bias for action.
What You'll Do
- Oversee all aspects of the local operation, own growth strategies and outcomes, and focus on efficiency to maximize uptime of vehicles
- Manage your city’s P&L and deliver industry leading unit economics
- Improve processes and tools in conjunction with HQ cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with other General Managers to develop best practices
- Recruit and build a high performing team while creating a fun, safe, and collaborative work culture
- Report on market health to leadership team on a regular basis
- Represent Wheels in the community with key city stakeholders and at local press and media events
What You'll Need
- 7+ years experience in operations management, operations consulting, or a related field - managing diverse teams, optimizing systems and processes, developing best practices and procedures, and achieving operational goals
- Data-driven mentality, analytical rigor, and proven ability to develop and execute a strategy based on findings
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build cross functional relationships, influence stakeholders, and inspire others
- Leadership by example and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done side by side with the team
- Disciplined time management and excellent organization
- BA/BS with impressive academic record; MBA or advanced degree a plus
Wheels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.