Director of FP&A
West Hollywood Headquarters
Ride in style with Wheels, a last-mile, shared electric vehicle platform, that is changing the current landscape in dockless mobility. Our innovative products are a low-cost, fun, and comfortable way to see your city and get you where you need to go safely. Connect with our app through a smartphone and don't forget to tag us on instagram @takewheels.
While we're headquartered in West Hollywood, California, we're quickly expanding across the world and coming to a city near you. We hope you're ready for the ride of your life.
An experienced Director of Financial Planning and Analysis to participate in all aspects of our business and drive Wheel’s financial strategy and planning. You will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of Wheel’s as well as possible risks and investments.
Our Director of Financial Planning and Analysis will be a reliable professional with broad knowledge on all accounting, financial and business principles. They will be a strategic thinker who can determine the most profitable decisions and communicate them to other members of the management team.
The goal is to help guide the company towards long-term success.
Get to know us better by checking out these articles:
What You'll Do
- First and foremost: design models that help management understand and predict the growth of our business and guide the company’s senior leaders to make sound business decisions based on those models
- Short and long-term strategic budgeting, forecasting, planning and analysis
- Leverage data to help us manage our resources around the globe
- Create, build and analyze key performance indicators and metrics and track Company progress towards those indicators and metrics on an overall basis, as well as on a market by market, city by city basis
- Define and deliver on a long-term, innovative strategy that governs how we allocate our operations team’s time and resources
- Identify risk and advise senior leadership on various initiatives
- Clearly communicate to our team and our users about Wheel’s FP&A vision and ongoing progress against goals
- Analyze capital strategy for future fundraising and M&A activities and fully participate in the process
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred; MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- Great experience with financial planning and strategy in a complex, international business, ideally with significant hardware and supply chain components
- Must have 7+ to 10 years’ experience in Finance - FP&A, Budgeting, Forecasting Investment Banking experience preferred
- Experience building mutually respectful working relationships around forecasting with global operations partners
- High proficiency in Excel; building 3 -Stage financial models
- The quantitative mindset necessary to assess many different types of financial risk factors, and the good judgment necessary to prioritize them appropriately
- Demonstrated expertise working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Exemplary communication skills
- Experience creating and preparing presentations for Board and Investor level meetings.
- DISCLAIMER: This is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this position. However, the employee will be held responsible for all duties assigned.
- Experience with Start- ups and high growth businesses
- Being able to both take initiative and take direction when needed.
Wheels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.