Launch Manager - Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
Ride in style with Wheels, a last-mile, shared electric vehicle platform, that is changing the current landscape in dockless mobility. Our innovative products are a low-cost, fun, and comfortable way to see your city and get you where you need to go safely. Connect with our app through a smartphone and don't forget to tag us on instagram @takewheels.
While we're headquartered in West Hollywood, California, we're quickly expanding across the world and coming to a city near you. We hope you're ready for the ride of your life.
As Wheels first Launch Manager you will have the unique opportunity to lay the groundwork in launch markets. You will solidify key enabling relationships, expertly navigate complex regulatory issues and build the operational foundation to ensure the successful launch of Wheels.
You will be the driving force behind new market launches and will lead the launch leads. You will be the first feet on the ground and build up a brand new supply base, while also being ready to drive initial demand for our service. You have an intense drive and work ethic, a passion for our brand and our mission, a ton of enthusiasm for building new enterprises from scratch, an obsession with execution, and a get-things-done attitude. This role will require 50-75% travel.
Get to know us better by checking out these articles:
What You'll Do
- Map out the key stakeholders and own the critical relationships needed to launch and scale Wheels in your markets
- Regular travel to new markets to build supply and brand awareness
- Be the face of Wheels to local regulators, policymakers, and stakeholders
- Understand and proactively address the community’s concerns -- create influential promoters of the service
- Define and implement operational, marketing, and policy strategy in your city in partnership with local Wheels teams
- Recruit, build and lead a team of Launch Operations Leads
- Scope org requirements and attract top talent to help execute on the day-to-day, while also advancing future strategies
- Define the launch timeline and partner with leadership to test, optimize, roll out, and provide feedback to ensure the successful launch
- Drive favorable terms and manage relationships with infrastructure and operating partners leveraging the unprecedented utilization rates consistently delivered by your team
- Provide the local lens. Translate local realities - community, political, and regulatory nuances - into actionable strategies that successfully address unique conditions in your markets
- Set the stage for success. Define all operational aspects of Wheels bikes and deliberate expansion - all with the goal of creating a highly efficient operation
- Execution is key. Upon launch, you will be responsible for growing awareness and ridership while introducing innovative solutions that maximize and average load factor without negatively impacting existing Wheels ops
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of management experience, coaching and developing talent, in addition to proven success in a similar role - leading operations or product expansion (preferably at another fast-growing tech start-up)
- B.A./B.S. Advanced degree preferred
- Experience developing efficient procedures, optimizing systems, and defining & achieving benchmark operational goals in ambiguous, untested environments
- Owner mentality and Launcher DNA. You have grit and aren’t discouraged by seemingly insurmountable challenges. You are immensely resourceful and you figure out a way to get the job done in a safe and responsible way
- You are analytical, data-driven and possess strong business judgment. Able to roll up your sleeves and analyze the data and pull key insights for your team
- Strong interpersonal and management skills. Able to build and build strong relationships with your team, cross-functional colleagues, and external partners
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Must be a self-starter and leader that assumes the risks and rewards of running an innovative sustainable operation; able to operate independent of direct oversight
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills. Able to communicate and listen effectively; great written, verbal and presentation skills
- Leadership by example. Able to motivate, inspire and create an inclusive and positive work environment for all
- A passion for the Wheels brand and our mission
- DISCLAIMER: This is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this position. However, the employee will be held responsible for all duties assigned.
Wheels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.