Sr. Mechanical Engineer
West Hollywood Headquarters
Ride in style with Wheels, a last-mile, shared electric vehicle platform, that is changing the current landscape in dockless mobility. Our innovative products are a low-cost, fun, and comfortable way to see your city and get you where you need to go safely. Connect with our app through a smartphone and don't forget to tag us on instagram @takewheels.
While we're headquartered in West Hollywood, California, we're quickly expanding across the world and coming to a city near you. We hope you're ready for the ride of your life.
The Sr. Mechanical Engineer position at Wheels will be responsible for development of all vehicle components from concept to production. As a Mechanical Engineer, you’ll have mechanical design responsibility to help develop Wheels Bikes and provide engineering input and solutions to address issues with the current fleet and develop key brand differentiators. Organization and good communications skills are a must!
Get to know us better by checking out these articles:
What You'll Do
- Perform design engineering and release of vehicle components, develop load cases, and validation testing proposal
- Develop design models and engineering drawings for new products and leverage team resources to complete vehicle design
- FEA - develop load cases to model and to be used as test cases to correlate
- Work cross functionally with Electrical Engineers, and Manufacturing to develop a cleanly integrated product
- Work hands on assembling and disassembling bikes and prototypes
What You'll Need
- 5+ years working with CAD experience exclusively with Solidworks and familiar with Solidworks FEA packages
- Heavy background in Chinese manufacturing
- Solid understanding of ASME Y14.5
- Experience with product development from concept to validation and deployment
- Product development with a focus on ease of manufacturing and cost optimization
- History of making design decisions based on experience and FMEA understandings
- Strong experience of design verification using FEA and motion studies
- Knowledge of automotive industry standards such as SAE, ISO, UL, and GB/T
- DISCLAIMER: This is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this position. However, the employee will be held responsible for all duties assigned.
Wheels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.