Business Operations Manager - Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
Ride in style with Wheels, a last-mile, shared electric vehicle platform, that is changing the current landscape in dockless mobility. Our innovative products are a low-cost, fun, and comfortable way to see your city and get you where you need to go safely. Connect with our app through a smartphone and don't forget to tag us on instagram @takewheels.
While we're headquartered in West Hollywood, California, we're quickly expanding across the world and coming to a city near you. We hope you're ready for the ride of your life.
We are looking for a Business Operations Manager to play a key role in the expansion of the Wheels. You'll help design and build operational processes that prepare our teams for rapid growth and scale, while relentlessly focusing on efficiency and execution on some of our most challenging and complex business problems. Your goal is to use data and sound business judgment to develop & implement strategies that will drive major improvements in the business. The projects will vary; the only constant will be that you're working on Wheels most important initiatives.
In this role, your ideas will be reviewed directly by our executive team and you will have end-to-end ownership of the key initiatives that shape the future of Wheels. You must be comfortable with execution and accountability.
Get to know us better by checking out these articles:
What You'll Do
- Actively identify and solve problems that come up throughout the organization or scoping issues and recommending solutions for final leadership decision
- Spearheading cross-functional strategic planning (working with core and cross-functional partners on budgeting, headcount, strategy, and rollout)
- Managing operational cadence of the team (setting leadership agendas, optimizing communication flow, achieving operational excellence)
- Managing executive priorities, working with the COO and GM to increase the efficiency of time, as well as, efficiently organizing data workstream flows
- Ensuring accountability across multiple high-level stakeholders (check-ins, pre-meeting preparation, and coaching, follow-ups and tracking, facilitating focus, etc.)
- Removing lowest-priority commitments for executive (attending meetings, responding to inbound requests, etc.)
What You'll Need
- B.A./B.S. in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Applied Math, Economics)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in tech, consulting, finance, operations management, and/or customer experience
- Demonstrated experience in solving new problems with new solutions while working cross-functionally to lead teams towards a shared goal
- Experience in leading process and performance improvements by leveraging data and insights
- Experience working cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Operations & external vendors
- Data-driven decision making with a strong bias towards action and rapid experimentation
- Entrepreneurial DNA; ability and desire to launch and run initiatives end-to-end with full ownership
- Expert quantitative analysis; expertise in SQL and other analytical tools
- A strong ability to think strategically across all facets of the business
- A demonstrated track record of building strong relationships
- The ability to juggle several responsibilities at a time, maintaining progress on multiple fronts
- The ability to effectively prioritize multiple work streams on a daily basis
- DISCLAIMER: This is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this position. However, the employee will be held responsible for all duties assigned.
Wheels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.