R&D Hardware Technician
West Hollywood Headquarters
Ride in style with Wheels, a last-mile, shared electric vehicle platform, that is changing the current landscape in dockless mobility. Our innovative products are a low-cost, fun, and comfortable way to see your city and get you where you need to go safely. Connect with our app through a smartphone and don't forget to tag us on instagram @takewheels.
While we're headquartered in West Hollywood, California, we're quickly expanding across the world and coming to a city near you. We hope you're ready for the ride of your life.
We're looking for someone to join our team and help with rapid-prototyping on bike parts and assembly.
Get to know us better by checking out these articles:
What You'll Do
- Maintain the lab
- Mechanical skills to assemble/dissemble our electric bikes
- Melt solder and remove component(s)
- Remove residual solder
- Place new component and reflow
- Building cables
- Basic electrical equipment with multimeter and power supply
What You'll Need
- 6 months prior experience of soldering technician work
- SMT soldering and rework experience
- SMT Surface-Mount Technology (assembling and mounting technology) the method for producing electronic circuits in which the components are mounted or placed directly onto the surface of printed circuit boards (PCBs)
- Building cables experience
- Basic electrical equipment with multimeter and power supply experience
- Hardware or electrical industry professional experience
- Some basic Mechanical skills to assemble/dissemble
- Assembly SOP experience
- DISCLAIMER: This is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this position. However, the employee will be held responsible for all duties assigned.
- Mechanical experience with 3d printing
- Electric Bike or E-scooter assembly experience
- Experience in start up environments
- R&D experience
- A flexible mentality and comfortability working in high demand / fast-paced environments
- Working experience in fields of; consumer electronics, auto industry, or Ebikes
Wheels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.