Backend Software Engineer
West Hollywood Headquarters
Wheels is a last-mile, shared electric vehicle platform changing the current landscape in dockless mobility. With innovative products focused on sleek design and safety, Wheels provides a low-cost, fun, and comfortable way to get around cities through the connection of a smartphone. Wheels is headquartered in West Hollywood, California and is expanding quickly across the world.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will collaborate with other engineers on the team, working in Golang and Python to build highly-scalable, foundational products that drive the Wheels platform. Our services supports many use cases, such as taking rides, relocating bikes, running warehouses, and many more.
The challenges you will be working on will have have spatial and temporal dimensions, dealing with real-life constraints and variance. You will play a vital role in driving these initiatives end-to-end, as well as contributing to architecture and vision of the overall product.
What you'll need
- Deep domain knowledge and experience with relevant tools, languages and frameworks (Go or Python preferred)
- Proven experience shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Experience in working on large-scale distributed systems
- Data-driven architecture and systems design
- Multidisciplinary experience: DevOps, Front-End, Android, or iOS
- A Github account that showcases your talent for building
- Experience in startups
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative approach to problem-solving
Wheels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.