Operations Manager - College Station
College Station, TX
Ride in style with Wheels, a last-mile, shared electric vehicle platform, that is changing the current landscape in dockless mobility. Our innovative products are a low-cost, fun, and comfortable way to see your city and get you where you need to go safely. Connect with our app through a smartphone and don't forget to tag us on instagram @takewheels.
While we're headquartered in West Hollywood, California, we're quickly expanding across the world and coming to a city near you. We hope you're ready for the ride of your life.
We are looking for an Operations Manager with a passion for transportation, a knack for problem-solving, and the ability to thrive in ambiguity. You will run critical business processes and execute cutting-edge projects in your market. You will be an integral part of building new processes through data-driven decisions and analytical problem-solving.
Get to know us better by checking out these articles:
What You'll Do
- Be an owner. Build and maintain a highly efficient and motivated Operations organization in your market.
- Build an amazing team. Define hiring needs, and train new Field Specialists.
- Identify opportunities for improvement. Scope out projects and estimate their potential value before pitching ideas to the General Manager.
- Keep the business running - define and execute key business processes that maintain continued success.
- Manage performance. Track and report critical business metrics. Use data to optimize processes, solve problems, and track results.
- Problem solve. Lead projects, prioritize tasks and overcome obstacles.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders including engineering, business intelligence, supply chain, recruiting, and government relations.
- Represent the Company. You may be asked to meet with members of the community or interact with customers as a representative of Wheels.
- Be a culture carrier. Create a fun, inclusive, and safe workplace.
What You'll Need
- 3-5 years as operations, finance, business, or consulting practitioner
- BA/BS, MBA or advanced degree a plus
- Grit and bias towards action - desire to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
- Proficiency in google sheets or Excel including use of pivot tables, charts, and medium to advanced formulas
- SQL experience is a plus
- Confidence to present in front of a group and establish yourself as a subject matter expert
- Curiosity - endless desire to learn and ask thoughtful questions
- Attention to detail and a passion for process improvement
- Proven experience solving complex problems, exercising good judgment, and navigating ambiguous environments
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
- Comfort learning and adapting to new concepts and tools
- Get-it-done attitude
- DISCLAIMER: This is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this position. However, the employee will be held responsible for all duties assigned.
Wheels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.