Vice President of Operations
New York, NY
The Vice President (VP) of Operations is a talented, highly organized, and execution-minded member of our growing global team. The VP of Operations oversees the security, logistics, IT, and finances of our global team as well as optimizes several key organizational systems to support significantly expanded global operations. The VP of Operations is a core member of the GHC Senior Leadership Team, responsible for ensuring that the full resources of our organization are strategically and effectively managed and deployed in support of our mission and new strategic priorities during a new era of organizational growth and scale. This includes oversight and accountability for strategic implementation, responsibility for operational effectiveness, and value added contribution to team building and organizational effectiveness.
The VP of Operations thrives in a dynamic, global, collaborative and fast-paced start-up environment where we are passionate about what we do, cares deeply for our greater mission, and works hard to achieve results. S/he brings a solution-oriented and client service mindset, demonstrating excellent attention to detail and a value for collaboration across a range of teams, cultures, and time zones.
Global Health Corps:
Global Health Corps (GHC) mobilizes a global community of emerging leaders to build the movement for health equity. GHC believes young leaders with diverse backgrounds and a deep commitment to collaboration, innovation, and social justice are going to revolutionize how the world tackles its toughest health challenges. We strongly believe our GHC community is the new breed of leaders that the world desperately needs.
Through a competitive recruitment process, we identify daring and innovative university graduates and early- to mid-career professionals from around the world and pair them with amazing partner organizations and government agencies in the US, East Africa, and Southern Africa. Our fellows spend a year in their placement devoting their unstoppable energy to making the world a healthier place for all people, everywhere. Whether they are working with a small grassroots organization like HIPS in Washington, DC to ensure sex workers have access to critical health services, or with the Ministry of Health in Zambia researching patient use of HIV testing and counseling, each fellow plays an essential role in the health equity movement.
Fellows come together five times a year for additional training, community building, leadership development, and mentorship to become audacious, resilient, and highly-networked changemakers. Each one of our fellows has the capacity to change the world – and many already are – and we are grateful to work closely with them to amplify their impact. Since its founding in 2009, GHC has supported nearly 600 fellows working at various levels of the health system, across issue areas and across continents, and our community gets stronger every year.
Including but not limited to:
- Strategic Planning and Execution as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, including: Contribute to developing and implementing strategic priorities that will advance the GHC mission.
- Organizational Finances in partnership with our Finance and Operations Directors, including:Transition from QuickBooks Online to a new fiscal management system, development and management of annual budget, annual audit and development of Financial Statements, organizational purchasing and vendor relationships
- Safety and Security in partnership with our Global Security Manager and Operations Directors, including: Fellow and staff safety and security, arranging Fellow housing and living supplies
- Fellow Placement Logistics in collaboration with the Global Program Team, including: Contract agreements with organizations hosting fellows (i.e. placement partners), Fellow and Staff health insurance, Fellow visas and work permits
- Minimum 8-10 years operations or management experience in a global matrix organization
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience leading and empowering global teams and developing early-career professionals
- Experience leading teams through a budgeting process, developing budget projections, overseeing expense management processes
- Proven track record of strong organizational and time-management skills
- Experience scaling systems and solutions for a growth-stage organization
- Top-notch attention to detail
- Tech savviness and interest in new technologies and information management systems; ability to use Google tools, Dropbox and other online platforms to streamline work
- Previous experience with Salesforce or similar database systems a plus
- Previous experience in a small entrepreneurial environment a plus
- Previous experience monitoring global safety and security issues a plus
- Commitment to social justice and passion for global health equity
GHC EMBRACES AND VALUES DIVERSE SKILLSETS AND BACKGROUNDS
We are a community of leaders who are proud to represent many different national, racial, ethnic, socio-economic, religious, gender, and other identities. We represent varied professional backgrounds, collaborating across fields and sectors to form a powerful, close-knit network of changemakers. Our diversity as a community is our strength, driving our ability to be empathetic, visionary, and effective leaders in the health equity movement, and engage with the world with dignity and respect.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thanks for applying!