Growth and Change Intern - Summer 2019
New York, NY
Time Commitment: Full-time
Time Period: May – July 2019
Location: New York
Compensation: $1560/month stipend
GHC seeks a highly detail-oriented, creative problem solver who will work directly with the Growth & Change
Associate in the New York City office to coordinate organization-wide projects and strengthen knowledge
management systems. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and will be excited to take on
a variety of projects within a growing team.
Most importantly, s/he will have the opportunity to own and develop projects while receiving firsthand
experience with the day-to-day management of an entrepreneurial non-profit.
Global Health Corps:
Global Health Corps (GHC) mobilizes a global community of emerging leaders to build the movement for health equity. GHC believes young leaders with diverse backgrounds and a deep commitment to collaboration, innovation, and social justice are going to revolutionize how the world tackles its toughest health challenges. We strongly believe our GHC community is the new breed of leaders that the world desperately needs.
Through a competitive recruitment process, we identify daring and innovative university graduates and early- to mid-career professionals from around the world and pair them with amazing partner organizations and government agencies in the U.S., East Africa (Rwanda and Uganda), and Southern Africa (Malawi and Zambia). Our fellows spend a year in their placement devoting their unstoppable energy to making the world a healthier place for all people, everywhere. Whether they are working with a small grassroots organization like HIPS in Washington, D.C. to ensure sex workers have access to critical health services, or with the Ministry of Health in Zambia researching patient use of HIV testing and counseling, each fellow plays an essential role in the health equity movement.
Fellows come together five times a year for additional training, community building, leadership development, and mentorship to become audacious, resilient, and highly-networked changemakers. Each one of our fellows has the capacity to change the world – and many already are – and we are grateful to work closely with them to amplify their impact. Since its founding in 2009, GHC has supported nearly 600 fellows working at various levels of the health system, across issue areas and across continents, and our community gets stronger every year.
- Support in implementing and evaluating organization-wide projects
- Manage the creation and design of digital materials to be shared with all staff
- Strengthen internal processes for knowledge management systems, including Salesforce and Asana
- Actively contribute and collaborate in team brainstorming sessions
- Create and analyze survey results and collect both quantitative and qualitative data from internal teams
- Manage logistics and support in creating materials for the summer Board Meeting
- Support with other projects as needed
- An undergraduate degree or in pursuit of an undergraduate degree
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience in communications, especially designing materials
- Exceptional critical thinking skills with a knack for sustaining and/or improving systems
- A track record of taking initiative and going above and beyond expectations
- An innovative mindset—able to design systems and think outside the box
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for taking on a variety of projects as they arise
- Passion for non-profit management, social justice, and global health
How to Apply
Please apply online through our website. Due to the high volume of applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for applying!
– The GHC Team