Knowledge Management and Database Intern - NY
New York, NY
Global Health Corps
Global Health Corps (GHC) mobilizes a global community of emerging leaders to build the movement for health equity. GHC believes young leaders with diverse backgrounds and a deep commitment to collaboration, innovation, and social justice are going to revolutionize how the world tackles its toughest health challenges. We strongly believe our GHC community is the new breed of leaders that the world desperately needs.
For more information, visit our website or find us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Internship - September 2019 – March 2020
We seek a detail-oriented, creative problem-solver with strong analytical skills who will work closely with GHC staff to assist with a range of projects supporting GHC's fellowship selection process and our post-fellowship alumni programming. Reporting to our Director of Impact and Learning, the intern will provide cross-team support to ensure that our internal systems and databases function optimally. The intern will gain a better understanding of the contribution that quality data plays in the success of a non-profit and will have the opportunity to learn about GHC programs and operations through participation in regular team and staff meetings.
Responsibilities (please note: actual responsibilities may change based on the team’s needs):
Data management and analysis:
- Clean and prepare survey data for analysis
- Carry out the descriptive and statistical analysis of quantitative data
- Answer key research questions, improve understanding of outcomes and inform program delivery
- Troubleshoot and address issues related to data availability and management
- Create reports using tables, graphs, and other methods to showcase the results of various analyses
- Support in designing and implementing a new knowledge management system for our evolving internal alumni team
- Research best practices and tools for communication and information sharing platforms for our alumni community
- Research global health and leadership development programming, partnerships and opportunities to support in the design and development of our alumni strategy
- Work with GHC’s global teams to develop best practice documentation, process maps, work plans, etc. for implementing our alumni programming
Fellowship application database
- Support in-depth user testing for our fellowship application database
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of measurement, testing and evaluation procedures
- Systems thinker; experience connecting work or efforts from different teams, units or departments for a collective product
- Strong communication skills (written and oral); particularly experience distilling and communicating processes or systems and in email communication with external organizations
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for problem solving-willing to do the tedious work to ensure project success
- Curious and observant to the connections between projects and workflows
- Interest in global health, leadership development, and health workforce development
- Desired: Knowledge of statistical concepts and methods
- Desired: Experience with Salesforce for data entry, management and reporting
Compensation - Monthly Stipend of $2,253.