Development Intern (Winter/Spring 2019)
New York, NY
Position Type: Full-time (40 hrs/week)
Time Period: January 2 - April 30, 2019
Location: New York
Monthly Stipend: $1,560 USD
Global Health Corps
Global Health Corps (GHC) mobilizes a global community of emerging leaders to build the movement for health equity. GHC believes young leaders with diverse backgrounds and a deep commitment to collaboration, innovation, and social justice are going to revolutionize how the world tackles its toughest health challenges. We strongly believe our GHC community is the new breed of leaders that the world desperately needs.
Through a competitive recruitment process, we identify daring and innovative university graduates and early- to mid-career professionals from around the world and pair them with amazing partner organizations and government agencies in the US, East Africa, and Southern Africa. Our fellows spend a year in their placement devoting their unstoppable energy to making the world a healthier place for all people, everywhere. Whether they are working with a small grassroots organization like HIPS in Washington, DC to ensure sex workers have access to critical health services, or with the Ministry of Health in Zambia researching patient use of HIV testing and counseling, each fellow plays an essential role in the health equity movement.
Fellows come together five times a year for additional training, community building, leadership development, and mentorship to become audacious, resilient, and highly-networked changemakers. Each one of our fellows has the capacity to change the world – and many already are – and we are grateful to work closely with them to amplify their impact. Since its founding in 2009, GHC has supported nearly 600 fellows working at various levels of the health system, across issue areas and across continents, and our community gets stronger every year.
Global Health Corps seeks an intern to join our dynamic and fast-growing community. We are looking for someone with a strong track record of getting stuff done and who can point to examples of their commitment to social justice and health equity. We are a team of people who work really hard, and have an amazing time doing it. This internship comes with the opportunity to have a significant impact on the work that we do. Someone who is eager to contribute to the health equity movement, build their communications skills, and will take pride in working hard to accomplish tasks, both big and small. The intern will earn a great deal of experience and be an important and appreciated part of our team.
The intern will work closely with the Strategic Partnerships Team – including the CEO - based in New York City, on a number of time-sensitive fundraising and donor-facing tasks, and will carry significant responsibilities throughout their time as a member of the team.
Projects and responsibilities may include:
- Support in creating donor updates and related content
- Assist with Strategic Partnerships team knowledge management including photos, video, and documents
- Research on current and potential donors and grant opportunities
- Research and develop background briefs for GHC leadership
- Support in drafting, editing, and reviewing grant applications and reports
- Draft emails, briefs, and talking points for members of the Strategic Partnerships team
- Support donor management through SalesForce
- Additional projects as needed
- Be currently enrolled in a university or hold a university degree
- Be a strong writer; proven ability to write for different audiences and in different styles is a plus
- Have demonstrated strong interest in social justice and/or public health or health equity issues
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be able to complete complex tasks in a short time frame
- Be very well-organized
- Have demonstrated a strong work ethic
- Be able to remain focused in a fast paced environment
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and two to three writing samples. Due to the high volume of applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thanks for applying!