Partnerships and Program Coordinator
New York, NY
The GHC fellowship is an intensive opportunity designed for fellows to have hands on experience at high impact health organizations while also receiving leadership training throughout the year. These organizations are recruited and selected for their ability to identify an area of need that would benefit from innovative young leaders. Organizations are also required to have the capacity to supervise and support two or more new full-time staff and must be able to contribute towards the cost of fellows.
Since our start in 2009, we have grown from eight placement organizations to more than 60 for the 2019-2020 fellowship year. They range from small grassroots organizations to international NGOs like Partners in Health and CHAI to government agencies like the Ministry of Health in Uganda. The health issues they focus on are equally diverse and include maternal and reproductive health, malaria, HIV/AIDS, health systems strengthening and nutrition.
The Partnerships and Program Coordinator manages the annual partner recruitment and selection process, which includes evaluating partnership renewals as well as bringing on new placement organizations. In addition, s/he is responsible for supporting the work of the central programs team. This includes supporting the design, delivery and management of fellowship programming throughout the year.
GHC is seeking a Partnerships and Program Coordinator to join our growing global team in the New York, NY office. The past ten years have been full of exciting and rapid growth for GHC and we are seeking someone to both support the recruitment and selection of our fellow placement organizations as well serve as a key member of the central programs team.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic, global and fast-paced start-up environment where we are passionate about developing effective leaders, care deeply for our greater mission of health equity, and work hard to achieve results. S/he will bring a systems-oriented and client service mindset, demonstrating excellent attention to detail and a value for collaboration across a range of teams, cultures, and time zones.
Global Health Corps
Global Health Corps (GHC) mobilizes a global community of emerging leaders to build the movement for health equity. GHC believes young leaders with diverse backgrounds and a deep commitment to collaboration, innovation, and social justice are going to revolutionize how the world tackles its toughest health challenges. We strongly believe our GHC community is the new breed of leaders that the world desperately needs.
Through a competitive recruitment process, we identify daring and innovative university graduates and early- to mid-career professionals from around the world and pair them with amazing partner organizations and government agencies in the US, East Africa, and Southern Africa. Our fellows spend a year in their placement devoting their unstoppable energy to making the world a healthier place for all people, everywhere. Whether they are working with a small grassroots organization like HIPS in Washington, DC to ensure sex workers have access to critical health services, or with the Ministry of Health in Zambia researching patient use of HIV testing and counseling, each fellow plays an essential role in the health equity movement.
Fellows come together five times a year for additional training, community building, leadership development, and mentorship to become audacious, resilient, and highly-networked changemakers. Each one of our community members has the capacity to change the world – and many already are – and we are grateful to work closely with them to amplify their impact. Since its founding in 2009, GHC has supported nearly 1000 fellows working at various levels of the health system, across issue areas and across continents, and our community gets stronger every year.
Support Placement Organization Recruitment and Application Process
- Prepare all partner recruitment materials needed for Country Teams
- Lead application launch and ongoing management including use of a new online application platform for partners
- Coordinate efforts with Communications team, Operations and Country Teams to allow for sharing of placement organization application, GHC website content, and technology needs
- Ensure country teams are kept in sync with application status through regular updates, reports, etc.
Coordinate Placement Organization Selection Process
- Support efforts of Director of Partnerships and Country Managers to select placement organizations based on specific set of criteria, including clear identified gap for fellows to fill, supportive supervisors, impactful work of organization and alignment with GHC’s mission
- Oversee use of online application portal for selection process, including system administration, tracking, reporting, and trouble shooting
- Manage review process of 130+ role descriptions, including coordination of various review and editing stages
- Coordinate with country teams to finalize cost-sharing negotiations with selected placement organizations
- Support posting of GHC fellowship role descriptions on the GHC website in a timely and coordinated manner
Placement Organization Management
- Support Director of Partnerships to ensure execution of successful contracts with placement organizations
- Prepare all materials needed for placement organization meetings, supervisor workshops and other strategies to fully support partners throughout the fellowship year
- Coordinate with the Director of Partnerships, Chief Impact Officer and Impact and Learning Senior Manager to set goals and metrics for placement organization success
- Work with Director of Partnerships and Impact and Learning Senior Manager to continuously evaluate the effectiveness and impact of our placements
Program Team Coordination
- Support and liaise with country teams in all GHC countries with a customer service approach, providing project coordination and support for country-level programming
- Audit and improve systems and support mechanisms that allow country teams to carry out their work effectively
- Ensure that all organizational materials and fellow policies are updated in a timely and inclusive manner
- 4-6 years of program or partnership development and management, preferably within sub-Saharan Africa
- Extremely competent and proven project manager; experience handling complex projects with multiple deadlines
- Relationship-oriented; ability to engage and build connections across cultures and backgrounds
- Familiarity with process improvement and re-design, including incorporation of technologies and approaches appropriate for low-resource settings
- Experience managing technology systems, especially database management and system administration
- Tech-savviness, ability to quickly learn new technology systems
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills – tracking deadlines, coordinating partnership processes across 5 countries, while maintaining high quality standards
- Strong work ethic, resourcefulness and high level of professionalism
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and passion for global health equity
- Willingness to travel
GHC EMBRACES AND VALUES DIVERSE SKILLSETS AND BACKGROUNDS
We are a community of leaders who are proud to represent many different national, racial, ethnic, socio-economic, religious, gender, and other identities. We represent varied professional backgrounds, collaborating across fields and sectors to form a powerful, close-knit network of changemakers. Our diversity as a community is our strength, driving our ability to be empathetic, visionary, and effective leaders in the health equity movement, and engage with the world with dignity and respect.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thanks for applying!