Monitoring and Evaluation Intern - Summer 2019
New York, NY
Time Commitment: Full-time
Time Period: May – August 2019 (exact dates flexible)
Location: New York
Monthly Stipend: $1560
The Monitoring and Evaluation Intern will directly support GHC’s Impact and Learning Manager in a range of data-related projects for the monitoring and evaluation of GHC’s work in the area of leadership development. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will take skills s/he has acquired in school or in previous roles and apply them in a new and exciting professional setting. The candidate will have an opportunity to develop experience and expertise in an exciting area of global health.
Global Health Corps:
Global Health Corps (GHC) mobilizes a global community of emerging leaders to build the movement for health equity. GHC believes young leaders with diverse backgrounds and a deep commitment to collaboration, innovation, and social justice are going to revolutionize how the world tackles its toughest health challenges. We strongly believe our GHC community is the new breed of leaders that the world desperately needs.
Through a competitive recruitment process, we identify daring and innovative university graduates and early- to mid-career professionals from around the world and pair them with amazing partner organizations and government agencies in the U.S., East Africa (Rwanda and Uganda), and Southern Africa (Malawi and Zambia). Our fellows spend a year in their placement devoting their unstoppable energy to making the world a healthier place for all people, everywhere. Whether they are working with a small grassroots organization like HIPS in Washington, D.C. to ensure sex workers have access to critical health services, or with the Ministry of Health in Zambia researching patient use of HIV testing and counseling, each fellow plays an essential role in the health equity movement.
Fellows come together five times a year for additional training, community building, leadership development, and mentorship to become audacious, resilient, and highly-networked changemakers. Each one of our fellows has the capacity to change the world – and many already are – and we are grateful to work closely with them to amplify their impact. Since its founding in 2009, GHC has supported nearly 600 fellows working at various levels of the health system, across issue areas and across continents, and our community gets stronger every year.
The intern will work closely with the Impact and Learning manager to:
- Develop M&E systems to enhance data quality and use across the organization
- Clean and prepare survey data for analysis
- Carry out the descriptive and statistical analysis of quantitative data
- Answer key research questions, improve understanding of outcomes and inform program delivery
- Troubleshoot and address issues related to data availability and management
- Create reports using tables, graphs, and other methods to showcase the results of various analyses
- Current student or graduate of an advanced degree program that includes coursework in program evaluation, research design/methods, and statistical analysis
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of measurement, testing and evaluation procedures
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for problem solving-willing to do the tedious work to ensure project success
- Interest in global health, leadership development, and health workforce development
- Desired: Knowledge of statistical concepts and methods and their application to analysis of survey data
- Desired: Experience with Salesforce for data entry, management and reporting
- Desired: Experience working with statistical software, preferably STATA
- Desired: Experience with qualitative methods and analysis
How to Apply
Please apply online through our website. Due to the high volume of applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for applying!
– The GHC Team