GHJ 2023 Summer Tax/Audit Rotational Internship Program
Los Angeles (Office) /
Summer Internship Program /
WHY we get up in the morning
At GHJ we help our people and clients pursue their passions, build thriving businesses, and create a better future.
WHAT we believe
We believe that collaboration is the foundation for success. We work as a business advocate for our clients – providing personalized service and building long-term relationships to help position our clients for the future.
HOW we succeed
We are deeply committed to our core values of Bright Minds, Brave Hearts and Bold Actions and incorporate them into every aspect of our business. By living these values, we are able to meet our strategic objectives of Remaining Fiercely Independent (financial success), Meeting client demands/needs (client success), Reinforcing and expanding cultural distinction (people success).
Summary of Role:
GHJ provides an environment where talented and career-minded individuals can grow personally and professionally. Our exceptional team, comprised of high-achievers engaged in the development of their own careers, are encouraged, recognized and rewarded for their individual achievement. If you’re looking for a rewarding internship in an organization that you can feel good about, where your commitment to a career in accounting is valued, then we want to meet you! GHJ is currently seeking Tax/Audit rotational interns for the Summer of 2023. You will be treated as a professional and dive deep into projects during the internship.
The internship will be from Monday, June 19th - Friday, August 18th 2023.
Interns will be paid at a rate of $28.00/hour.
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Accounting or related field graduating between May 2023 - July 2024
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Excellent customer service skills (internal and external)
- Creative problem solving and research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
- Highly motivated and interested in taking the initiative for personal growth and development
- Able to handle multiple priorities, tasks and simultaneous projects
- Ability to travel to client locations which may include occasional overnight stays
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Six decades, overriding focus: Our people and our clients.
GHJ was founded in 1953, making us one of the oldest independent firms in the Los Angeles area. Ranked as a top 20 largest accounting firm on the Los Angeles Business Journal’s Book of Lists, the firm has 15 partners and approximately 170 staff members that serve over 3,000 clients. Our firm is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC), Public Company Accounting Oversite Board (PCAOB), the California Society of CPAs and the California Association of Nonprofits (CAN). Collaboration and maintaining strong relationships are the cornerstones of our success.
We are also an independent member of HLB International, a worldwide organization of over 250 member professional accounting firms and business advisors. This affiliation gives us access to the subject matter experts of other member firms and provides consulting and professional services in over 158 countries through its nearly 800 offices worldwide.