Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
At Ghost, we are building a cloud scale security platform for the modern enterprise. Our founding team are veterans of the cyber security industry with decades of experience building teams and products for the most demanding commercial and public sector organizations. Ghost is backed by top tier venture firms and is on a mission to raise the bar of what is possible and what is expected of modern enterprise security tools and platforms. We are a remote-first and globally distributed team. Our philosophy is based on the principles of learning, collaboration, transparency, experimentation, and passion.
• We are outcome-driven and dedicated
• We are customer-obsessed
• We believe in people's ability to grow
• We believe enterprise software can be beautiful
About the Role:
We are looking for Cloud Infrastructure Engineers to help us build robust and scalable systems that power our security platform. As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at Ghost, you will help to scale and improve our infrastructure, availability, and reliability by working closely with our backend engineers and product team to identify problems, and create tooling and automation. If you have a solid background in software engineering and are familiar with Cloud Services (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure), building automation tooling with Python, and/or using Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform, we want to meet you.
Ghost is growing fast and the Infrastructure team is no exception. The role is dynamic - you should be comfortable designing systems, writing code, and troubleshooting systems in production. Our infrastructure team orchestrates deployment and hosting of our platform through capabilities and tooling we maintain that leverage our own and other cloud providers' infrastructure for networking, storage, compute and data.
- Are intrigued by the challenges building cloud scale infrastructure
- Have ideas about how to make systems scale in the cloud
- Are keen to experiment, challenge norms and deliver secure, reliable and performant systems
- Are knowledgeable about leveraging cloud native paradigms to maximize performance
- Are a confident Python developer (or working to become one) with experience building robust infrastructure projects in the cloud
- Have experience automating cloud infrastructure builds and can the trade-offs of different build strategies
• Competitive compensation and stock options
• Full health insurance, including vision and dental
• Monthly health & wellness allowance for gym, spa, therapy, etc.
• Remote first working, with most team members between the Eastern and Pacific time zones
• Home office upgrade budget to be sure you have the right tools to do your best work
• Learn and Grow - we provide continuing education stipend to attend industry relevant training, conferences, and events that help you build your network and skills
• Unlimited PTO - we require employees to take at least 2 weeks off per year
• Quarterly off-sites at amazing locations
Ghost is committed to fostering and supporting an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Ghost encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.