Operations – Finance
As the Controller, you will be responsible for providing day-to-day leadership for the company’s accounting operations, financial reporting, and budgeting activities. Successful candidates will understand how to direct the company’s accounting and financial reporting policies by employing creative orthogonal solutions while in accordance with accounting standards and finance best practices.
We’re looking for exceptionally talented and motivated individuals to help us build the world’s best software at scale for thousands of clients. You'll be teaming up with scientists, engineers, product managers, and salespeople from a diverse set of backgrounds who are challenging every assumption about software development. The founders have built apps used by 300M users, ported video games to FPGA’s, and designed silicon lasers. You must live in the Bay Area or be willing to relocate - we'll cover moving costs. All candidates subject to background check.
We’ve built software for flying cars and robotic restaurants, shopping and travel recommendation apps, delivered lawyers, doctors, and baked goods on-demand, designed social networks for families and roommates, and powered everything from shipping fleets to EEG research and genetic testing. Join us as we reinvent software development.
• Record and report all company financial transactions and reconciliations
• Ensure the integrity of financial statements (in compliance with GAAP)
• Implement accounting policies and procedures
• Drive a timely monthly close process, quarterly reviews and annual audits
• Calculate and publish financial / operational metrics
• Provide cash management / cash flow projections
• Manage internal and external reporting, general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, fixed asset management, taxes and insurance, chart of accounts, all reconcilliations
• Develop monthly, quarterly and annual operating plans
• Develop and implement key financial policies and procedures
• Conduct cost analysis and identify cost-control measures and initiatives
• Direct the preparation and timely filing of all required tax returns and other statutory filings with external firms
• Create and implement short- and long-range departmental objectives, policies, and operating procedures
• Mentor, train, develop, and manage the accounting team
• Current CPA designation and 6-15 years relevant experience
• Experience working with the Big 4 Accounting Firms
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business; MBA a plus
• Elite knowledge of finance, accounting, collections, budgeting, tax, banking, cash management, regulatory requirements, international operations, inter-company transactions, foreign exchange accounting, and cost control principles
• Strong quantitative ability - you love doing math in your head
• Experience designing and implementing financial controls and processes
• Experience with financial audits for revenue recognition
• Experience establishing financial reporting standards and processes for internal and external distribution
• Excellent communication skills (e.g., listening, writing, speaking, etc.)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while simultaneously meeting all goals and deadlines
Learn more about careers at Gigster here: http://gigster.com/careers
Gigster puts a world-class software development team in your pocket. Software is becoming an essential tool for every business with global IT spend reaching $2.3T, yet very few have easy access to quality, managed talent when they need custom software. Businesses built on software have thousands of times more leverage than businesses not built on software.
We are changing the way software is built through a symbiosis of man and machine. We believe that by being the best place to freelance we will attract and retain the best talent, and in turn will provide the best service. Gigster prides itself in having an extraordinary network of developers, designers, and project managers. Intelligent tools powered by data from thousands of past projects take our network to superhuman levels of efficiency. The increasing levels of standardization in tooling, and access to data about the software development process itself, make the creation of software ripe for automation and scale. This inspired us to found Gigster.
Gigster was founded in 2014. We’ve worked with startups & enterprises like IBM, World Bank, Airbus, Square, and Mastercard. Gigster has raised $32.5M from Andreessen-Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, Greylock Partners, Bloomberg Beta and Felicis Ventures, and been covered in The Wall Street Journal, Business Insider, Fortune, and Inc.
Here at Gigster we believe in the following:
• Continuously improve with data
• Relationships > transactions
• Deliver a wow experience
• Impact > hours
• Do it today
• Build more than you talk
• The best idea wins
• Be direct but nice
• Win through teamwork
BENEFITS & PERKS
• Full health, dental, and vision - we’ve got you covered
• Whatever equipment you need - you need the best stuff to build the best stuff
• Unlimited vacation - work hard but take time when you need it
• Team offsites - we’ve been to Tokyo, NYC, Disney World, and more
• Healthy snacks - raid the snack bar, you know you want to
• Catered meals at work - stay in & stay healthy
• Weekly game night - poker and speed chess are our favorites
• Sharp, motivated co-workers - work with the best in your field and others
• Life-changing work - solve real, hard problems you’ll want to brag about
At Gigster we believe that a diverse workplace means a better, more resilient, and more innovative company. We are excited to work with anyone who shares our values regardless of race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, familial pedigree, education, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status.