Sr. QA Engineer
As a Sr. Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer, you will join Gigster as one of the early members of the Core Engineering team. You’ll be teaming up with motivated and talented engineers, and will be treated as a true partner as we navigate exciting and uncharted business and technical challenges.
You should enjoy constructing test cases to make software fail and automating testing systems to catch bugs before they reach production and ensure consistent delivery of reliable software. In addition to your peers at HQ, practices and processes you develop for ensuring high quality software will change the way our entire freelancer network thinks about and build software.
We’re looking for exceptionally talented and motivated individuals to help us build the world’s best software at scale for thousands of clients. You'll be teaming up with scientists, engineers, product managers, and salespeople from a diverse set of backgrounds who are challenging every assumption about software development. The founders have built apps used by 300M users, ported video games to FPGA’s, and designed silicon lasers. Gigster is backed by Andreessen, Greylock, and Y Combinator and has grown rapidly since our launch 18 months ago. You must live in San Francisco or be willing to relocate - we'll cover moving costs.
We’ve built software for flying cars and robotic restaurants, shopping and travel recommendation apps, lawyers, doctors, and baked goods on-demand, social networks for families and roommates, and powered everything from shipping fleets to EEG research to genetic testing. Join us as we reinvent software development.
• Improve our existing processes and identify new opportunities and practices for ensuring high quality can be consistently delivered
• Own and operate our continuous integration and continuous deployment workflows
• Ensure best practices are followed across both internal and freelance network projects
• Constantly refine our testing process to minimize developer overhead and optimize test-suite runtimes without compromising the quality of software we ship
• 3+ years of experience in a QA engineer or software engineer in test role
• Strong knowledge on web application testing, including: HTTP backend testing, front-end component testing, browser automation testing, performance testing
• Prior experience testing performance and correctness of distributed systems and large data processing jobs
• Ability to work collaboratively within an inclusive team from a diverse range of backgrounds and disciplines
Learn more about careers at Gigster here: http://gigster.com/careers
Gigster puts a world-class software development team in your pocket. Software is becoming an essential tool for every business with global IT spend reaching $2.3T, yet very few have easy access to quality, managed talent when they need custom software. Businesses built on software have thousands of times more leverage than businesses not built on software.
We are changing the way software is built through a symbiosis of man and machine. We believe that by being the best place to freelance we will attract and retain the best talent, and in turn will provide the best service. Gigster prides itself in having an extraordinary network of developers, designers, and project managers. Intelligent tools powered by data from thousands of past projects take our network to superhuman levels of efficiency. The increasing levels of standardization in tooling, and access to data about the software development process itself, make the creation of software ripe for automation and scale. This inspired us to found Gigster.
Gigster was founded in 2014. We’ve worked with startups & enterprises like IBM, World Bank, Airbus, Square, and Mastercard. Gigster has raised $12M from Andreessen, Greylock, Bloomberg, and Y Combinator, and been covered in The Wall Street Journal, Business Insider, Fortune, and Inc.
Here at Gigster we believe in the following:
• Be nice but direct
• Be relentless
• Build more than you talk
• Take individual ownership
• Be customer centric
• Be mission driven
• Be curious
• Think big
BENEFITS & PERKS
• Full health, dental, and vision - we’ve got you covered
• Whatever equipment you need - you need the best stuff to build the best stuff
• Unlimited vacation - work hard but take time when you need it
• Team offsites - we’ve been to Tokyo, NYC, Disney World, and more
• Healthy snacks - raid the snack bar, you know you want to
• Catered meals at work - stay in & stay healthy
• Weekly game night - poker and speed chess are our favorites
• Sharp, motivated co-workers - work with the best in your field and others
• Life-changing work - solve real, hard problems you’ll want to brag about
At Gigster we believe that a diverse workplace means a better, more resilient, and more innovative company. We are excited to work with anyone who shares our values regardless of race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, familial pedigree, education, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status.