Experienced Backend Java Developer - Big Data Team
Tel Aviv, Israel
Gigya is looking for a Experienced Backend Java Developer for the Data team. The position is located at Gigya’s R&D center, Azrieli Towers, Tel Aviv.
The primary challenge for the Java Developer - Big Data will be the design and development of in the Big-Data ecosystem. Success means that systems you plan and build have high scalability, low down-time and provide value and insight to our customers.
- Design & develop Big Data storage platforms.
- Plan and build creative solutions that operate at huge scale.
- Maintain the entire product lifecycle, from RFP, planning, execution, QA, and through to production.
- Data operations on real customer data
Ideal candidates will have:
- 4+ years experience programming in Java
- Experience with RDBMS or NoSQL database systems
- Experience with asynchronous and multithreaded programming
- Experience with Linux
Extra Points for :
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (e.g., Hbase).
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with distributed systems at huge scale
At Gigya, we can promise you few things:
- A challenging environment - You will work with the most cutting edge technologies available (e.g., Hbase, Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, ZooKeeper), contributing to your development experience and professional skill set. At Gigya, your code will reach 1.5 billion users per month.
- Inspiration - You will work with other techies and experienced, battle-hardened managers, who will push you to new limits and help you develop your full potential.
- At Gigya, the best idea wins.
- Convenient and fun - Our offices are located in Azrieli Towers with a breathtaking view and are easily accessible by bus, car and train. We’ve got the best gadgets and frequently participate in fun, exciting and team-building activities.
You’ll most enjoy our company culture if you’re:
- Intelligent, curious and love to learn and explore new depths in the technology you use every day.
- Willing and able to meet a challenge head-on, solve problems independently and make things happen.
- Open minded, flexible and thrive in a highly dynamic, fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- A team player who understands that the only way to solve large problems is with teamwork and mutual support.