Head of Devops
Tel Aviv, Israel
Gigya is looking for head of devops. The position is located at Gigya’s R&D center, Azrieli Towers, Tel Aviv.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Manage a team of DevOps engineers
- Manage a large-scale production environments in multiple countries
- Help ensure 24x7 reliability of Gigya’s production platform by maintaining the stability and scalability of our production infrastructure
- Develop and document procedures for enhancing reliability of all production infrastructure
- Design and implement solutions to complex architectural problems, including ongoing monitoring and improving incident response procedures
- Apply industry-standard best practices for automation, security and monitoring
Which skills we are looking for?
- At least 4 years experience in a management position
- At least 2 years experience in managing DevOps team
- Experience with Linux systems in a global production environment
- Proficiency in Linux Bash scripting and Python
- Experience working with Big Data ( Hadoop / Hbase / ElasticSearch / MongoDB)
- Proven experience working with Puppet or similar
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services or similar
- Experience in virtualization systems like OpenStack or similar
- Experience working in a 24x7 on-call production environment providing reliable, high-uptime services
- Experience from SaaS / Web based companies
- Full-stack knowledge to be able to take a 'big picture' view of our production infrastructure
- Strong verbal and written skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels throughout the organization
- Desire to learn additional technologies and to fill in knowledge gaps as needed
- High level English, spoken and written
- Experience in Java
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
At Gigya, we can promise you three things:
- A challenging environment - You will work with the most cutting edge technologies available (e.g. ElasticSearch, Hbase, Kubernetes, Hadoop, Kafka, ZooKeeper, MongoDB, Consul, OpenStack,Ceph), contributing to your development experience and professional skill set. At Gigya, your code will reach 1.5 billion users per month.
- Inspiration - You will work with other techies and experienced, battle-hardened managers, who will push you to new limits and help you develop your full potential. At Gigya, the best idea wins.
- Convenient and fun - Our offices are located in Azrieli Towers with a breathtaking view and are easily accessible by bus, car and train. We’ve got the best gadgets and frequently participate in fun, exciting and team-building activities.
You’ll most enjoy our company culture if you’re:
- Intelligent, curious and love to learn and explore new depths in the technology you use every day.
- Willing and able to meet a challenge head-on, solve problems independently and make things happen.
- Open minded, flexible and thrive in a highly dynamic, fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- A team player who understands that the only way to solve large problems is with teamwork and mutual support.