Senior Process Engineer
Process Development and Engineering
Ginkgo is building an industrialized foundry for organism engineering. With a single foundry capable of delivering many organisms to customers in many markets, Ginkgo is poised to lead the new generation of organism engineering companies. Already, our foundry is concurrently developing 10+ organisms across multiple species and products.
To realize our dream of building a next-generation organism company, each of these organisms needs to be deployed to customers. We are seeking a process engineer excited to tackle the ambitious challenge of transitioning multiple bioprocesses through scale up and commercial scale manufacturing of cultured ingredients with our customers. You can learn more about cultured ingredients at http://ginkgobioworks.com/markets/cultured-ingredients/
The ideal candidate is passionate about process development and downstream product recovery and purification. You'll work hand in hand with Ginkgo fermentation engineers to verify that Ginkgo organisms perform to spec for customers and lead transition of bioprocesses and recovery/purification processes to customers and/or third party contract manufacturers.
- Technoeconomic modeling of bioprocesses to ensure processes meet COGS targets
- Drive development of product recovery and purification processes that can scale to commercial manufacturing across multiple cultured ingredients
- Drive process design and documentation for customers and/or third party contract manfacturers
- Lead tech transfer of bioprocesses and DSP protocols to customers and/or contract manufacturers
- Ensure that DSP protocols run effectively at customer and/or contract manufactors
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience with 5+ years relevant industrial experience
- Prior experience with process development and scale up for small molecule production.
- Proven track record of multiple scale up campaigns.
- Experience with tech transfer of materials and processes to customers and/or contract manufacturing facilities.
- Experience with multiple high value natural products a plus.
To learn more about Ginkgo, check out some recent press:
We also feel it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry and it needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with engineers from all walks of life. Making biology easier to engineer is a tough nut to crack - we can’t afford to leave any talent untapped.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.