General, Finance & Administration
Ginkgo is looking for a world class desktop administrator to help us build and scale. A successful candidate will independently manage the company’s IT helpdesk system by properly prioritizing and working through support requests.
Here is your chance to work hand in hand with amazing scientists, business people, and software developers as we build tools that enable access to the power of biology - the most advanced manufacturing technology on the planet. Ginkgo’s IT team is tasked with delivering best of class IT infrastructure to keep our operations running smoothly - are you up for the challenge?
- Support company wide IT needs. Serve as primary interface for desktop support.
- Solve a variety of issues including networking, authentication, phones, printers, video systems, lab machines, and software installations on a daily basis.
- Identify repetitive tasks and propose automated solutions offering process and performance improvements to your peers and management.
- Repair and upgrade hardware and software as necessary.
- Optimize software management and deployment.
- Keep up-to-date electronic inventory of all IT assets.
- Provision employees’ work environments and drive onboarding of new employees.
- 5+ years of IT experience with desktop administration, system administration and network management in a highly scalable production environment.
- Ability to move fluidly between Mac and Windows environments. Experience with Linux a strong plus.
- Expert knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Ansible, Meraki System Manager or similar IT Automation technologies.
- Able to write scripts in your sleep, especially Python, Bash, and PowerShell.
- Experience with platform virtualization (VMWare) and AWS a plus.
- Amazing troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Can solve all known and unknown challenges of fast growing corporate IT environments.
- Keeps IT systems purring by proactively finding and resolving issues while ensuring problems do not arise again.
- Driven self-starter who sees uptime as its own reward.
To learn more about Ginkgo, check out some recent press:
We also feel it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry and it needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with engineers from all walks of life. Making biology easier to engineer is a tough nut to crack - we can’t afford to leave any talent untapped.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.