Ginkgo Bioworks is the Organism Company. We design yeast to make novel fragrances, flavors and other cultured ingredients. Here is our recently announced cultured rose fragrance:
We are looking for chemists who are as excited as we are about the potential for merging biological design with the design of scents and flavors. Candidates should have a variety of chemistry experience in one or more of the following areas: total synthesis, natural products chemistry, medicinal chemistry, chemical biology, analytical chemistry, and/or process chemistry.
- Synthesis, purification, and characterization of metabolic intermediates and natural products for use as analytical standards
- Development of chemical tools to enable HTP assays of organism performance
- Development of methods for gram-scale extraction and purification of target molecules from biosynthetic culture conditions
- Analytical characterization of extraction and purification processes
- PhD in organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, chemical biology or similar or BS/MS with equivalent industry experience
- Experience in preparative chromatography approaches a plus
- Experience in organic synthesis a plus
- Experience in plant natural products chemistry a plus
To learn more about Ginkgo, check out some recent press:
We also feel it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry and it needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with engineers from all walks of life. Making biology easier to engineer is a tough nut to crack - we can’t afford to leave any talent untapped.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.