Our mission is to make biology easier to engineer. Ginkgo is constructing, editing, and redesigning the living world in order to answer the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. Our bioengineers make use of an in-house automated foundry for designing and building new organisms. Today, our foundry is developing over 40 different organisms to make different products across multiple industries.
We're making the code base, compiler, and debugger for life. We're looking for Software Engineers who are interested in developing the organism design toolchain - the CAD, CAM, and CAT tools that will define how bioengineers design organisms at scale.
- Designing and implementing tools and workflows for genetic design of genes, metabolic pathways, and genome modifications
- Programming robots to assemble DNA, modify genomes, culture cells, and prepare assay samples
- Developing verification tools for strain construction
- Developing data analysis tools and workflows for processing and analyzing NGS and mass spec data
- Developing the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that enables bioengineers to use and reuse Ginkgo's growing repository of genetic parts and strains in their designs
- BS or MS in computer science or equivalent experience
- Loves to write elegant code
- Excited to work hand-in-hand with the foundry team to develop the next generation of foundry for engineering organisms
To learn more about Ginkgo, check out some recent press:
Ginkgo Bioworks secures $275 million in Series D, valuing the company at over $1 billion (TechCrunch)
We also feel it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry and it needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with engineers from all walks of life. Making biology easier to engineer is a tough nut to crack – we can’t afford to leave any talent untapped.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.