Ginkgo Bioworks is the Organism Company. We design yeast to make novel fragrances, flavors and other cultured ingredients. Here is our recently announced cultured rose fragrance:
We're looking for chemical engineers who are as excited as we are about the potential for merging biological design with the design of scents and flavors. Chemical engineers with experience in product recovery and purification are particularly relevant.
- Developing methods for extraction and purification of gram-scale quantities of a wide variety of cultured ingredients.
- Providing cultured ingredients samples for sensory testing by customers
- Interacting with manufacturing partners to support translation of recovery and purification processes at scale
- Analytical characterization of extraction, recovery and purification processes
- PhD in chemical engineering or similar or BS/MS with equivalent industry experience
- Experience with different scale of distillation and solvent handling a plus
- Experience in preparative chromatography approaches a plus
- Experience in natural products isolation and purification a plus
To learn more about Ginkgo, check out some recent press:
We also feel it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry and it needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with engineers from all walks of life. Making biology easier to engineer is a tough nut to crack - we can’t afford to leave any talent untapped.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.